inTank Media Baskets

Reef safe two part epoxy

BrandonD32

Has anybody used two part epoxy that they know for sure has zero impact on their tank?  I have been reading mixed reviews on a lot of the threads that I find. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have used this stuff many times, 0 problems. Do not over do it though if your tank is small.. It has polyamines (like ammonia), and can raise alk. 

(edit): Clean the rock/point of contacts with a toothbrush.. it doesn't stick to detritus 

pACE3-1145448enh-z8.jpg

mystersyster
13 minutes ago, microworld said:

I have used this stuff many times, 0 problems. Do not over do it though if your tank is small.. It has polyamines (like ammonia), and can raise alk. 

pACE3-1145448enh-z8.jpg

+1 a little goes a long way for lottle frags. It works 100% of the time whent you sandwhich the apoxy in reef safe superglue. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 10:27 AM, machinemind said:

JB Waterweld is tried and true (100% safe) and can be found at virtually all hardware stores in the adhesives section

this

i've used it for every piece of rock i've glued together and every frag i've glued down.  

its relatively cheap, can be found at Lowes, Home Depot, etc, and works great.  

for small applications, like small frags, i do the super glue gel, epoxy, super glue gel sandwich method and haven't experienced anything negative other than getting it on your fingertips!  i've glued down 8-10 or so frags at once in a 10 gallon with this method and never had a problem. 

101a16e3-7d3c-4de2-b2c2-20d6552399a3_100

Whatever you use, don't buy the D-D Aquascape epoxy.  It's got to be the worst epoxy I've ever used. 

Literally takes forever to harden, not only that, it's slimy and the color dye bleeds in the aquarium.  :scarry:

2 hours ago, Asureef said:

Whatever you use, don't buy the D-D Aquascape epoxy.  It's got to be the worst epoxy I've ever used. 

Literally takes forever to harden, not only that, it's slimy and the color dye bleeds in the aquarium.  :scarry:

I used it yrs ago. I found it held the rocks very well once it hardened but it was a messy epoxy to work with and very stinky