Innovative Marine Aquariums

clown not able to swim, but alive and gasping - help needed

Simulated Fish

Simulated Fish

Came home to find my tank lights in the biocube had been off all day, I was moving some things around and the plug was pulled. No big deal it was only one day of lights out... not true. :(

Once my lights came on I found my snowflake clod head down in a hole of the rock. I though it was dead - zero movement and a hermit had got it's tail. but when I freed the little guy he was still gasping, but not able to swim. I have him in a pitcher with an air line for O2 and movement, he is currently on the botoom just gasping. 

The mate, a Domino clown, is fine and happy. They have been doing the dominance dance last night fighting for the nem but both were sleeping in it when i went to bed.

What can I do, I can't stand to lose this guy :(

Testing tank water now to make sure prams are ok.

Just now, Hippieheadshot said:

Prams are normal.... Jon snowflake is dead :( made it 30 min after I found him...

:(

sorry to hear that. 

Simulated Fish
16 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Awww...im sorry for your loss ???

53 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

:(

sorry to hear that. 

thanks guys. All i can think of is that the domino just bullied it to much and the poor guy stressed to death. It ad been getting chased pretty bad for bit but did not seem to out of the norm for them. He was hiding in the rock and the fins were torn up a little, wher i think the hermits were picking at him. soon as i saw the hermit try to pull it out i did not have much hope.... 

here is a current FTS. Nem is PO from the just in case WC.

1500945445214817150691.thumb.jpg.b5cf862be76cdf353c2a4c9c04ac9e0d.jpg

Here is them in the nem together yesterday. Yes the nem is bleached, it is a LFS rescue I have been taking care off for a couple weeks now. 

00014XTR_00014_BURST20170721173626.thumb.jpg.09e8d96366295e33515107356af0bad6.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...