Coral Vue Hydros

Starting an aquarium journal I guess

List and post pictures of all the things I have added this month my tank has only been running for a few weeks started with dry and live rock as well as a fish and old water from an established tank 

Corals 

green torch 

hammer coral pink unknown species 

mixed zoas utter koas and other commons

hollywood stunner chalice 

colony of Xenia which will prollay be trimmed and end up giving away because I don't want it to over run my tank lol 

Gonna try to upload pictures or everything in the next few days and before I get the hate on how new my tank is and I'm rushing it and all that 

water parameters were and are perfect before I added anything other than my clownfish to start 

Equipment im using on this tank 

lighting is an kessil a80 tuna blue 

Tunze nano top off 

sicce silent return pump 

stock filter socket with chemi pure blue nano packets 

in the process of hooking a bio pellet reactor 

tryimg to find a good way to run it thinking about running it off of my return pump to reduce heat in the aquarium 

Before the water and the rock change 

IMG_5246.JPG

IMG_5255.JPG

Here's the kessil a80 and the aqua scape change 

IMG_5289.JPG

IMG_5290.JPG

• Like 1

I don't know where this thing came from or what it even is lol 

IMG_5327.JPG

Gobi and pistol shrimp

have been in my tank for 6 hours and have already dug tunnels and built a sand fortress for protection that's way I love the reef 

surviving ecosystem 

5 hours ago, RandyX said:

I don't know where this thing came from or what it even is lol 

IMG_5327.JPG

Gobi and pistol shrimp

have been in my tank for 6 hours and have already dug tunnels and built a sand fortress for protection that's way I love the reef 

surviving ecosystem 

Looks good so far. :) 

Hard to tell from that pic but kinda looks like a stomatella. Does it have a hard shell?

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks good so far. :) 

Hard to tell from that pic but kinda looks like a stomatella. Does it have a hard shell?

Yeah I was thinking stomatella or limpet maybe, can't tell without seeing the other side though.

Also, :welcome: to Nano-Reef!

• Like 2

Here's some coral shots 

the hollywood stunner isn't doing so great not sure why loss some color and have some white spot everything else fully extended and happy 

IMG_5357.JPG

IMG_5355.JPG

Starry blenny 

hiding out 

IMG_5356.JPG

On 7/24/2017 at 10:07 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah I was thinking stomatella or limpet maybe, can't tell without seeing the other side though.

Also, :welcome: to Nano-Reef!

Appreciate the help everyone I have came in contact with on here has been nice and very helpful so thanks !

IMG_5358.JPG

IMG_5359.JPG

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank is realy starting to fill out running for about 2 months now 

IMG_5763.JPG

A few new coral additions 

rip to my pistol shrimp I'm sure he dug hisself to death he is MIA

• Like 1

So I finished the skimmer I'll start a diy thread if anybody wants to know how to do this skimmer I spent under $40

i think the air stone I'm using is too big for the bottle but I'm gonna test it out and get a smaller one if I have too 

IMG_5911.JPG

• Like 1

You've got some nice looking corals! The jack-o-lantern piece is a leptoseris though, not a chalice, they are super cool! I'll be interested to see how your skimmer works as well!

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

You've got some nice looking corals! The jack-o-lantern piece is a leptoseris though, not a chalice, they are super cool! I'll be interested to see how your skimmer works as well!

Thanks! I just completed the skimmer project and I made a diy thread if anyone's interested 

• Like 1