SaltCritters.com

Sharbuckles 40 - Mushroom Trippin

Sharbuckle

On 8/7/2017 at 7:09 PM, Sharbuckle said:

Hurray! More Algae!

IMG_0155.JPG

I just read the first full page of this thread.  Good stuff.  

Where do you get your macro?  I have heard others from Canada comment about restrictions on macro imports.  

I will be going to your last page to catch up.  Enjoyed reading.  

On 2/9/2018 at 9:05 AM, MedievalITGuy said:

That's really cool. I kind of wish I had one to go with the Magician Palys I just picked up. Maybe we can arrange a trade when they start growing out :P

zIQ8OwoIqQuKAwfYRbiUjgiDowVSQM3uQ62A7tpX

Toooo Red.  I love it.  

An Aggie friend was instrumental in me starting a thread about a large synthetic Tonga Rock that would be a centerpiece in 120G new build.  One thought was to call it “The Tree of Knowledge” in the “Garden of Eden”.  I was looking for something red to simulate apples on The Tree.  

You just showed me some apples.  Beautiful stuff!

1 hour ago, Subsea said:

I just read the first full page of this thread.  Good stuff.  

Where do you get your macro?  I have heard others from Canada comment about restrictions on macro imports.  

I will be going to your last page to catch up.  Enjoyed reading.  

A local guy brings in all sorts of macros. The LFS’s never really bring in much. 

fishfreak0114
3 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

A local guy brings in all sorts of macros. The LFS’s never really bring in much. 

Are you part of the Ottawa macroalgae Facebook group?  I joined not long ago, and oh my, there are some beautiful ones. I was thinking about asking the admin if he could ship me some macro come spring. 

3 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Are you part of the Ottawa macroalgae Facebook group?  I joined not long ago, and oh my, there are some beautiful ones. I was thinking about asking the admin if he could ship me some macro come spring. 

I am part of that group. Had a frag swap in Ottawa today and my buddy was giving away tonnna of free macro. Take a trip to his house and youll be happy you did. 

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
50 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

I am part of that group. Had a frag swap in Ottawa today and my buddy was giving away tonnna of free macro. Take a trip to his house and youll be happy you did. 

If I wasn’t on the other side of the country, I would!

MedievalITGuy
On 2/11/2018 at 7:49 AM, Subsea said:

Toooo Red.  I love it.  

An Aggie friend was instrumental in me starting a thread about a large synthetic Tonga Rock that would be a centerpiece in 120G new build.  One thought was to call it “The Tree of Knowledge” in the “Garden of Eden”.  I was looking for something red to simulate apples on The Tree.  

You just showed me some apples.  Beautiful stuff!

I really love the way they look from the seller, but I should probably note, they're in my QT tank right now, and with the CFL bulb in there, I'm not seeing any sign of the pretty red coloration yet. I'm working on some LEDs to go in there, and hopefully they should colour up quickly, but I haven't seen that color in my own tanks yet. 

SOrdjK9E4KO2EDOnBG_sjSEEooe1BLwNsYjFKNXI

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I somehow just managed to stop myself from buying some expensive single Zoa polyps "on sale" from CR! Very pretty

Its very hard not to! Im proud of you lol. 

Having said that some of the ones i have bought or traded for locally are my favs. Like these ones. Growing so well.

A9430BB4-1EDE-4D4A-B353-4CF7B23A1E1D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Really nice softy tank, I'm a sps lover but your tank look really fascinating and the fuge is growing nicely. 

BTW why is the water level of your tank is low is there a reason to it?

2 hours ago, MakoMan36 said:

Really nice softy tank, I'm a sps lover but your tank look really fascinating and the fuge is growing nicely. 

BTW why is the water level of your tank is low is there a reason to it?

Thanks! 

The water level is low because eshopps kits are stupid. The template is for rimless tanks so i drilled the overflow too low. Wasnt happy for a while but now i just deal with it. 

Just got home from work. Usually the lights have long been off. Looks like I accidentally left the daylights switched to on in the apex settings. 

Took a FTS for fun.

92505145-B8F6-4800-8E5B-F62C2DF8C0B1.jpeg

• Like 3
On 2/21/2018 at 6:55 PM, Sharbuckle said:

Bought one head of these a year ago or more. Theyre finally growing into something. Wonder if they have a fancy name. 

3F7E8FEA-4BA7-4D85-B8E2-731810FF99CA.jpeg

Soontobejerrys