Pod Your Reef

Sharbuckles 40 - Mushroom Trippin

Sharbuckle

Cyano is gone. Between manual removal and the red slime remover it looks like it was never there to begin with. Now I just have to nurse my zoanthids back to health. I’ve got three wrasse in there now. Leopard, coris, and a juvenile neon wrasse (reef safe with caution, keeping an eye on him) 

• Like 2

After three days the neon wrasse is back! Funny how they hide for so long. Bad news is it’s being an asshole to my other wrasses. Monitoring closely still. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-11-29 at 5:49 PM, SantaMonicaHelp said:

What's it doing, exactly? Chasing them around?

-Kamran

Yes. Chasing and keeping them in hiding. 

Here’s an updated almost FTS

4A8FFB06-F407-49F0-852E-15101591461B.jpeg

• Like 4

This rock started off as some really boring brown palys. They sure have come a long way. Also some clove polyps somehow made there way in there. 

99B640CF-E1A4-4EC3-8C0D-A5BBBCF15E1C.jpeg

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

This rock started off as some really boring brown palys. They sure have come a long way. Also some clove polyps somehow made there way in there. 

99B640CF-E1A4-4EC3-8C0D-A5BBBCF15E1C.jpeg

So beautiful and yes, it has come a long way.

• 2 weeks later...
fishfreak0114

Those are to die for!  All ones I'd like to get someday.  How long did it take for the Utter Chaos to grow out like that?  If I'm gonna pay $50 for a polyp, I'd like to know it'll turn in to more than one polyp in my lifetime haha.

23 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Those are to die for!  All ones I'd like to get someday.  How long did it take for the Utter Chaos to grow out like that?  If I'm gonna pay $50 for a polyp, I'd like to know it'll turn in to more than one polyp in my lifetime haha.

I bought the Chaos as a colony but they’re actually really great growers. Mine grow like crazy. 

The candy apple red red I bought as two heads maybe 8 months ago. 

Where do you live? Chaos are pretty cheap in Canada nowadays. Closer to $15pp 

25 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

You’re in Canada aren’t you? 

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
5 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

I bought the Chaos as a colony but they’re actually really great growers. Mine grow like crazy. 

The candy apple red red I bought as two heads maybe 8 months ago. 

Where do you live? Chaos are pretty cheap in Canada nowadays. Closer to $15pp 

You’re in Canada aren’t you? 

Yep I'm in Canada, but I haven't come across Utter Chaos locally thus far.  I usually buy coral from Fragbox or Canada Corals, and I'm pretty sure Fragbox sells them for $50pp.

Just now, fishfreak0114 said:

Yep I'm in Canada, but I haven't come across Utter Chaos locally thus far.  I usually buy coral from Fragbox or Canada Corals, and I'm pretty sure Fragbox sells them for $50pp.

Ya fragbox is a little pricey for certain things. I sell Chaos locally in Ottawa at $15pp so next time you make it to Ontario stop by. I’ll just give you one lol. I’ll be flying to Vernon next January. If you can wait I’ll bring some with me. 

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
2 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Ya fragbox is a little pricey for certain things. I sell Chaos locally in Ottawa at $15pp so next time you make it to Ontario stop by. I’ll just give you one lol. I’ll be flying to Vernon next January. If you can wait I’ll bring some with me. 

I find that anything that isn't a WYSIWYG frag is usually a pretty high price for one polyp.  Sadly I don't think I'll be making it to Ontario anytime soon, but if I haven't found myself Utter Chaos by the time you come to my neck of the woods I'd be tempted to take you up on your offer :) 

Well the tank turns 7 months old in a few days. Thinking about doing a slight rescape. Since the fuge has been attached you can’t view it that well from the one side. Just a thought anyway. 

ECB807A0-0CBE-4A86-8FE2-CCB538E0FDDF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Got rid of the big rock of palys above the yellow leather. Removed a frag rack, glued a bunch of zoos to the rocks. Also, got rid of a bunch of euphyllia. Lots of room now. Time for a small scape change. 

• Like 1

Also, here is the final product. I’m much happier with the space I have now. No room for any more corals. However, the sand bed is open and not cluttered. I like how I could spread out the Gorgonians as well. Continuing to glue zoanthid frags to rocks tomorrow morning. 

415B400C-84E3-45D8-BAD7-A79C0D3FA109.png

• Like 2

Wow. What a difference, everything is looking super happy this morning. Other than the yallow Fiji leather, I’m sure it will bounce back though. Going to glue some more Frags and get rid of the other frag racks today. Quick glass scrape and a water change. This is gonna be great. 

• Like 2