Cultivated Reef

Sharbuckles 40 - Mushroom Trippin

Sharbuckle

Sharbuckle

New Life sent me some Reef Cell to try. Pretty pumped to feed the tank tomorrow. Anybody ever use it before? I’ve never seen it up here in Canada. 

1C9718DD-7B5E-4F8F-9DCD-A99BC1559930.jpeg

• Like 2
Sharbuckle

Well the reef cell is pretty awesome. Mixed very easy. I broadcasted it in the tank and got suprising results. My toadstool leather loooooved it. Never seen it react that way. Gorgonians had some nice PE and a few of the rhodactis even caught some. Pretty cool. 

• Like 3

My wonderful girlfriend got me a tripod attachment for cell phones! Today I got to use it and im so impressed, how did I not use a tripod before? Haha, anyway, heres a short video I think you’ll like. 

• Like 4

Todays FTS.

green discosoma are starting to spread, think I may just let them do their thing. Let the tank fill out.

DA37986A-3CAA-4FF8-9148-6AD64D586157.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Put together a video showing video from July23,2017-July23,2018. It’s really something watching it evolve in 2 minutes. I miss some of my old corals, especially my zoanthid collection which was wiped out by nudis 😞 

Either way, tank looks great today 🙂 have a look 

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...

Long time no update. Seems to be some coral fighting between all my different shrooms. Moved a colony that isn’t doing so hot. Will monitor. 

Mushrooms I moved seemingly looking better. Continuing to monitor. Tank is doing okay. Not great but not bad. Sort of in limbo. Accidentally spilled a bag of filter media in the sump. Slightly annoying but im sure its been long used up by now.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Congrats on the featured reef, well deserved.   Very unique and beautiful, I think this will inspire many for years to come.  That yellow leather .... sheesh!

• Like 1

Way to go Sharbuckle!  I knew this tank was going to be TOTM, and it is well deserved. 

Now I am going to read your write up which I am sure I will enjoy.

SURVEYMAN46123
On 7/6/2018 at 11:01 PM, Sharbuckle said:

New Life sent me some Reef Cell to try. Pretty pumped to feed the tank tomorrow. Anybody ever use it before? I’ve never seen it up here in Canada. 

1C9718DD-7B5E-4F8F-9DCD-A99BC1559930.jpeg

Honestly, my corals prefer it over reef roids.   So do I.

• 10 months later...