Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

14 minutes ago, CarolinaShoreReef said:

Too beautiful!! Idk how you keep from looking at it with it being so close to your desk haha. 

I damaged a bit of my monti while moving it, had three white spots the size of a cm round, and they’ve pretty much almost fully healed in a week. I think you’ll be good. 

I stare all the time.  Can't help it!  Coworkers and patients love it, too.  I like to think I'm spreading the joy and knowledge :D

• Haha 1
CarolinaShoreReef
4 minutes ago, sugar said:

I stare all the time.  Can't help it!  Coworkers and patients love it, too.  I like to think I'm spreading the joy and knowledge :D

Hahah it’s my problem too. The 5g is right by my desk and bed and the 25 is in the dining room so I’ve been studying here the past week lol. 

On 4/3/2018 at 1:56 AM, teenyreef said:

Wow, I hadn't seen this tank before, it's looking really good!

How do you like the Reef Octopus skimmer?

Thank you!!!  It's been a bit bumpy, but we're smooth sailing now.  Such a relief.  Salinity was our culprit... who knew. <_<  We still have a long way to go to get it the way I think I will be satisfied. 

The Reef Octopus skimmer is okay.  I'm seeing more people try the Eshopps Nano, which seems to fit in the back of these tanks, and I wish I had gone with that had it been available when I was in the market for one.  Anyway, we went with the NS80 just to try it out mainly, but my expectations were low.  I still do weekly 5 gallon water changes so don't rely on the skimmer too heavily, but if it has any added benefit then it's worth keeping.

It has no problem foaming!  That's for sure!  It does skim, but it skims wet.  I can't seem to dial it in to get thick, dark skimmate and not sure if it can.  I will empty it every 2-3 days and the cup will be full or half full with a light tea-colored skim with some nice chunks and buildup.  For the price, it does the job.  If anything at all, it removes some organics and provides great aeration.  I'm watching it right now and it's bubbling up up and away.  I'll grab a pic!

Here's a snap from just right now, lunch time on April 4th.  I had just cleaned it out this morning, so it's looking pretty unimpressive.

20180404_122833.thumb.jpg.d57ac985d8a703c0dd052f3fb606c35a.jpg

This is a pic from when I really first set it up.  This is from two days of collection about three weeks after setting it up and breaking it in.  Now I can get it a shade or two darker, but still a lighter skimmate.  It's not doing nothing.... I hope.

20171231_162054.thumb.jpg.1efa0d4eaa909045411257edf13c0ab7.jpg

• Like 1

That's good information! The Eshopps Nano does a little better but is still hard to keep dialed in. 

I'm using the new Cadlights PLS-50 in my IM40 and it produces great skimmate. 

1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

That's good information! The Eshopps Nano does a little better but is still hard to keep dialed in. 

I'm using the new Cadlights PLS-50 in my IM40 and it produces great skimmate. 

Ohhh why haven't I heard about that one. I don't see a lot or any Cadlights products in Canada. Good to know!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Clownnem05

YOur tank is looking greate. How does the AI prime work for the BTA. I am thinking of converting my tank to a BTA dominated tank.