ReefCleaners.org

Will the CoralOne™ Magnetic Solo Frag Rack hold up a heavier frag?

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs

Will it hold up a heavier frag? Today I put the CoralOne™ Magnetic Solo Frag Rack to the test.

To your left is a regular frag plug (1/2" stem, 1" crown) and a huge solid cement frag rock next to it. This version of the frag rack is rated for 3/8" thick glass and I'm using it on 1/4" glass, no sign of flipping or even have tendency to flip at all, which means it can even hold up to more weight than it already is. Typically it is unusual that you'd get a frag this heavy and if it is heavy then it'd be a colony and not a frag.

Here we're demonstrating that if the weaker version can hold up to this then for certain the version rated for 1/2" glass will hold up even more weight allowing room for your frag to grow out. On the other hand, holding up a full colony is different story. Since it wasn't designed for that purpose it is still possible depending on the tank's glass thickness, type of coral, and size of colony, also if the coral is encrusting into the back wall or overflow it should provide additional support as well. I've seen people using our strongest version (for 1/2" glass) on the overflow wall or AIO wall which is usually just a 1/4" thick to hold up a full colony just fine.

Order yours at: https://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/coralone-magnetic-solo-frag-rack/

35936341381_4bc85878ab_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Recommended Discussions