SaltCritters.com

Help with brown hair and seaweed

Richardkappa

Richardkappa

My 5g nano has 1 month.
And I usually use water to reposition a store here in Manhattan. I've never checked the quality in TDS.
I did an ELOS phosphate test and the result gave 0.
Use luminaire NANOBOX tide M plus.
And add 5ml of Specia Blend every weekend after change 20% of aquarium aqua ...
I do not have aquarium:
2 clown fish
1 bicolor pseudocromis
1 porcelain crab
Feed them by controlling the amount of ration I add in the aquarium so that on the minimum level.

What can be wrong? Will it be the store's replacement water?
Or the water I use to make a partial exchange of 20%?

PS. i start my nano with this water.

PS. i bought Ro / DI to make my water . and arrive just now.

should i buy salt and make mix so stop to us this water?

Nutri-Seawater-page-4.jpg

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

Welcome to Nano-Reef.com.  Where are you from?  You should add your location to your profile.

While source water could be contributing to algae, it might be due to phosphate in your tank.  It could be leaching from your rock, or just from feeding your tank.  Some algae doesn't require high nutrient (phosphate and nitrate) levels once they are established.

What phosphate kit are you using to test the water?  I ask, because a lot of new reef keepers use API's kit.  However, that is a high range kit and cannot detect the levels of phosphate we target.

Do you have a picture of your tank, and a close-up of the algae, that you could post for us?

• Like 2
Richardkappa
2 hours ago, seabass said:

Welcome to Nano-Reef.com.  Where are you from?  You should add your location to your profile.

While source water could be contributing to algae, it might be due to phosphate in your tank.  It could be leaching from your rock, or just from feeding your tank.  Some algae doesn't require high nutrient (phosphate and nitrate) levels once they are established.

What phosphate kit are you using to test the water?  I ask, because a lot of new reef keepers use API's kit.  However, that is a high range kit and cannot detect the levels of phosphate we target.

Do you have a picture of your tank, and a close-up of the algae, that you could post for us?

I use Elos phosfate test. And thetest resultis was 0.

ill take a picture to show u guys soon.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Richardkappa said:

And I usually use water to reposition a store here in Manhattan. I've never checked the quality in TDS.
I did an ELOS phosphate test and the result gave 0.

So I take it that you tested your source water for phosphate, but do you test your tank water for phosphate too?  Keep in mind that an algae bloom will utilize the available nutrients in the water for growth, making test results seem low or even undetectable.  So good test numbers does not indicate that phosphate wasn't an initial contributor to the algae bloom.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

From what I read you only had the tank for 1 month? 

If if so I think the tank is still recyling, or you added too many fishes too quickly. For a 5 gallon tanks, 2 clowns and 1 pseucromis are a lot in that short period of time.....

I don't think the tank is still cycling, or ammonia would be a problem.  But you know, I didn't catch that it was only a five gallon tank.  Really, none of those fish are suitable for a five gallon tank.  Plus, that tank would only be suitable for one small fish (like a goby).