Coral Vue Hydros

Bi-color Blenny Attacking Watchman Goby

schwaz

I'm at a loss. My bicolor blenny goes out of his way to attack my watchman goby, especially if the watchman dares to swim. I also have an additional 2 pajama cardinals that keep to themselves and the blenny doesn't seem to mind them. My tank is Reefer 170. Any ideas other than removing the blenny or watchman? Anyone else experience aggressiveness with a bicolor?

RayWhisperer

Blenny s and gobys are are touchy mix. If they appear too similar, one will attack the other. What is happening, is your blenny thinks the goby is another blenny. It probably won't stop attacking, either. It's not something they usually get used to.my advice is to get rid of the goby and get another that looks waaayyy different.  Like maybe a yasha, or a high fin red banded goby. With the tall dorsal spike on those, there should be no confusion as to it not being another type of blenny.

• Like 2

Blenny's and goby's are hit and miss. Especially in smaller tanks where territory is ltd.

Any species that looks similar in shape or colour may encounter issues.