Top Shelf Aquatics

IM 30L Lighting

socaljayhawk

socaljayhawk

Would (2) Kessil A80's be enough light for this tank? Not completely decided on what corals I want, so want to be able to keep anything happy. Not trying to skimp, just trying to not burn money when its not needed.

The Chinese black boxes tempt me, but theyre just so ugly!

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

I'd say get the absolute best light you can afford. In the future you may want high light demanding corals. I have no experience with Kessil so I can't say whether or not two would be adequate. 

socaljayhawk

Really like the Nanobox's....but its the most expensive of the 3 unfortunately. So looks like its between 2 AI Prime HDs, or Kessil 180s...thats worse then the Ford/Chevy debate it seems!

1 ai is may do the 30 depending on the dimensions.

Other options are:

Aquamaxx nemolight 

Current orbit

Mars Aqua

Par38 coral compulsion

socaljayhawk

Just pulled the trigger on the Nanoboxes. Love that you can email the guy making them directly...and has all the cool features I wanted. Thanks for the tips everyone!

• Like 2
burtbollinger
1 hour ago, socaljayhawk said:

Just pulled the trigger on the Nanoboxes. Love that you can email the guy making them directly...and has all the cool features I wanted. Thanks for the tips everyone!

nice choice.

socaljayhawk
Just now, samnaz said:

Nanobox quad? Great choice! I got one for my 30L.

Actually Dave suggested 2 of the Tide Plus Ms...and hes putting them on the same controller. I hope its enough (?)...trusting Dave on this one. He gave me a decent price to come in below the Kessil 160s (once I added the controller and mounts).

Wish I could afford the Quad right now tho.

• Like 1