Fluval EVO wave maker

Lugmos12

Anybody know of any good options for wave maker for the Flubal EVO 12 (13.5 gallons)?

the pump i have now is constant and i want something i can have control over the wave intensity 

Simulated Fish

The newer nano jebao sw2 is awesome and budget friendly. I have one in my 8g biocube and love it. 

Edited by Hippieheadshot
Auto correct typo
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 4:19 PM, Clown79 said:

It is a good price.

It's very powerful

Indeed... I'm running two of them in a BC32, and generally keep them at about half speed (on the awkwardly-named "else" mode).  I just bought another one for a Fluval Evo V that I'm in the process of setting up, and I may end up selling it (the SW2) because even at its lowest speed it might be too much flow for such a small tank.

18 minutes ago, mcaswell said:

Indeed... I'm running two of them in a BC32, and generally keep them at about half speed (on the awkwardly-named "else" mode).  I just bought another one for a Fluval Evo V that I'm in the process of setting up, and I may end up selling it (the SW2) because even at its lowest speed it might be too much flow for such a small tank.

I can't run the else mode in my 15g with the sw2, its so powerful it pulls corals out of the sand, knocks my fish into the corals, and I have a huge mess. 

I run the sw2 on wave 1 with the light at 3 bars.  

It may or may not be too much on a 5g. Try it out on wave 1 on a low setting. If not, sell it.

21 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I can't run the else mode in my 15g with the sw2, its so powerful it pulls corals out of the sand, knocks my fish into the corals, and I have a huge mess. 

I run the sw2 on wave 1 with the light at 3 bars.  

It may or may not be too much on a 5g. Try it out on wave 1 on a low setting. If not, sell it.

Continuous mode or W1 at a fairly low setting looks like it's probably not an overwhelming amount of flow in the 5gal tank... hard to tell for sure since there's no fish currently, just a few hermits/snails and a handful of zoa frags, but there's no sandstorm.  It's really a question of whether or not I need that kind of flow, because in terms of corals this tank will probably just have zoas, mushrooms, and maybe a hammer, torch, and frogspawn.  And, on top of that, I have to upgrade the return pump, as it's just not pushing sufficient water through the media rack, so that alone might be more than enough flow.

• 4 years later...

I have the jebao sw3 and its blowing the snot out of my baby frag corals (on lowest w1 setting)...should I wait til they grow a bit more and just run return pump for now? or will they be ok getting blown around?