inTank Media Baskets

Tiny Ocean 2.0 Fluval Evo 13.5

TinyOcean

2 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

It's a link.

I do believe you can use imgur though. 

I ended up switching to Flickr myself, but I believe either works fine for pic hosting. 

Lol this from the imgur app. Ah man I'm not goodat this stuff.

20170724_191839.jpg

• Like 3
1 minute ago, TinyOcean said:

Lol this from the imgur app. Ah man I'm not good at this stuff.

So I'm not the only one??? 

Awesome!!! :lol:

• Like 1

So Norbert eats a ton and the clowns eat a normal amount I guess lol but the problem I'm having is when the clowns are full I have to keep feeding for Norbert so there's still lots of food flying around the tank and settling on the bottom and rocks. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get either a really big emerald crab or a scarlet hermit to help eat the missed food.

• Like 1
Just now, Lugmos12 said:

How big will Norbert get?

Norbert can max out at 4" but usually smaller. He's already almost 3 and I can't see him getting longer just fatter maybe.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

how much did you pay for him?

$59.99! Such a steal! He is perfectly healthy and happy so I'm not sure why he was so cheap.

2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

The rock below Norbert and Bogart looks like it has a great big aiptasia on it lol.  Your fishes are so cute!

Oh it does! I'm just weirdly nervous about using aiptasia x with Norbert in the tank lol. Is that weird? I've used it with Bogart in the tank and I know it's safe but now I'm like omg what if it does something! 

I'm a flickr fanboy. Full resolution images, no ads, free. There is an upper limit on how much you can upload but after years on N-R I haven't hit it fingerscrossed

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, TinyOcean said:

Oh it does! I'm just weirdly nervous about using aiptasia x with Norbert in the tank lol. Is that weird? I've used it with Bogart in the tank and I know it's safe but now I'm like omg what if it does something! 

Haha, you could try taking the rock out and peroxide on the aip, then quick rinse in tank water before replacing.  Stronger peroxide is better (but be careful with it).  And the rinse helps get rid of the mess and peroxide so it won't be in your tank.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, TinyOcean said:

So Norbert eats a ton and the clowns eat a normal amount I guess lol but the problem I'm having is when the clowns are full I have to keep feeding for Norbert so there's still lots of food flying around the tank and settling on the bottom and rocks. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get either a really big emerald crab or a scarlet hermit to help eat the missed food.

Ha ha, I always feed a ton with food flying around for ten minutes after the pumps go back on, so I've never worried about it. I do have snails, an emerald crab, and a hermit crab or two to clean up the mess, though.

3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Haha, you could try taking the rock out and peroxide on the aip, then quick rinse in tank water before replacing.  Stronger peroxide is better (but be careful with it).  And the rinse helps get rid of the mess and peroxide so it won't be in your tank.

If you can get to it with the rock out of the tank, use fire. Seriously. I have a little butane powered torch with a very fine point, but one of those long butane lighters that people use to light fires and grills will work too. It's very satisfying to hear the aiptasia sizzle and pop :blink:

Edit: peroxide is good too, though!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I'm a flickr fanboy. Full resolution images, no ads, free. There is an upper limit on how much you can upload but after years on N-R I haven't hit it fingerscrossed

Lol I did try the Flickr but I had to download the app and then was clueless how to share on here from there. But I'm assuming the latest two dinner pics are visible yes? I used Tiny pic. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Ha ha, I always feed a ton with food flying around for ten minutes after the pumps go back on, so I've never worried about it. I do have snails, an emerald crab, and a hermit crab or two to clean up the mess, though.

If you can get to it with the rock out of the tank, use fire. Seriously. I have a little butane powered torch with a very fine point, but one of those long butane lighters that people use to light fires and grills will work too. It's very satisfying to hear the aiptasia sizzle and pop :blink:

Edit: peroxide is good too, though!

That too, I've done the butane torch and it is definitely satisfying lol.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Yup my plan is to grab a ton of snails this weekend and hope some survive and find a feisty crab or two lol. Omg! I am a nob sometimes! I forgot to turn the power heads off! No wonder it's flying around everywhere! 

2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

That too, I've done the butane torch and it is definitely satisfying lol.

Omg I am doing this! Best suggestion ever!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, TinyOcean said:

Lol I did try the Flickr but I had to download the app and then was clueless how to share on here from there. But I'm assuming the latest two dinner pics are visible yes? I used Tiny pic. 

Yep, the last two pictures show up for me so it sounds like you've got a working solution.

With the Flickr app, after you upload the picture, you just click on the share button in the app, then select "Copy URL". Then paste it in the edit window here on N-R. The web site figures out how to embed it from there.

• Like 1

Hey look I grew a sponge! Or rather it grew itself haha.

20170717_185553.jpg

For those of you that remember it yes that's the Zombie coral skeleton being taken over by shrooms and the sponge.

• Like 3

I love Norbert!!

That's a q-tip sponge, also sometimes called a pineapple sponge. 

They're healthy sign of a developing system. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I love Norbert!!

That's a q-tip sponge, also sometimes called a pineapple sponge. 

They're healthy sign of a developing system. 

Yay! Good to know what it is. My own little q-tip dawwww I luvs it!

• Like 2

question. isn't a tank this size a bit too small for such a big fish like Norbert?   :mellow:

or is there plans to move him to something bigger when he's grown?

Just now, Friendly said:

question. isn't a tank this size a bit too small for such a big fish like Norbert?   :mellow:

or is there plans to move him to something bigger when he's grown?

It's not too small at all at the moment. There are a few of us who have Tobys in a nano. If you know of Teeny check out his Doug in his 10g. Of course as he grows out I will be ready to upgrade if need be because fish well fare should always come first.

yeah, I thought so. technically it works...1" fish to 1 gal of water...but would be tight and unfriendly eventually. ;)

btw, do you plan any hardware upgrades...like InTank media basket?

1 hour ago, Friendly said:

yeah, I thought so. technically it works...1" fish to 1 gal of water...but would be tight and unfriendly eventually. ;)

btw, do you plan any hardware upgrades...like InTank media basket?

Well for now it's friendly with Norbert actually being more of Bogart's mate than Humphrey lol! In this hobby upgrades are usually inevitable. 

I've thought about doing a custom media basket to replace the stock one in the middle chamber and then possibly doing a small chaeto fuge in the first chamber but I'm not very good with DIY tank stuff lol so all my tanks have only ever been lowtech.