inTank Media Baskets

One more fish, maybe?

Thunder Goose

Thunder Goose

My 14 gallon nano is doing great. I got a goldline blenny and green banded goby. They're very entertaining. BUT I don't have anything swimming in the water column. Both fishes are bottom dwellers who scoot around the rocks and sand. I'm worried another fish is too many. What does everyone think?

I'm trying to keep it to Caribbean species. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe a chromis.

thanks!

How about a Royal Gramma? They have a lot of personality once comfortable and are absolutely beautiful.  Plus they dry out in the open water but don't need a ton of swimming space like tangs, angels or wrasses etc. 

Whatever fish you decide to get, remember to be absolutely consistent with your maintenance. 

• Like 1

Since your current fish are small you could add another imo. A dartfish/furefish would be good, if you want a Caribbean species a Gramma link I would be good if you want to spend a lot. Small Liopropoma species would work well.

• Like 2

I wouldn't personally be comfortable putting a royal gramma in a 14, they can get to a decent size and be somewhat territorial. You could probably get away with it if it was a baby or if it was the only fish in the tank but I wouldn't try it with two other fish in there especially if they're rock dwelling species.

Edited by jesseatam
  • Like 2
Thunder Goose

I have a gramma in my RSR 250 and it seems too large and active for the 14. The husband really likes firefish so I may break the rules and let him get one.

Thanks, all.

• Like 1

I have two small yellow line gobies, two small hi fin banded gobies, 2 small clowns and a small clown goby in my 14.  They are doing great.  Clowns are the only ones that swim around.  Others just sit around....