inTank Media Baskets

Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon

Thrassian Atoll

Thrassian Atoll

I just got my shipment from LiveAquaria.  This is the first time a fish arrived dead for me.  😢 

This was going to be the first addition since the reboot.  I had decided on a Dracula Goby. Unfortunately he didn’t make the trip.  His buddy the pistol shrimp is acclimating right now though.  It sucks that I can’t introduce the Goby and shrimp together now.  

I also grabbed a few snails and an electric orange leg hermit and an electric blue leg hermit.  The orange one is huge!  I’ll take photos when they are done acclimating.  

I already talked to LiveAquaria and sent them photos.  I bought the fish last week during a 20% off sale so I don’t know if they will still honor the sale with the replacement?  I’ll have to ask them.

181A73B4-D52B-4424-B024-FF9D51CF3BC3.thumb.jpeg.10593eba6812da89de78dd58c63c6843.jpeg

FBD15D1C-241D-4DB6-8862-9B5C6AD332C5.thumb.jpeg.eee32cdfd97889325c458333ef67763b.jpeg

FA6167C8-A43C-492F-A12D-7C31282091D1.thumb.jpeg.8a3e33836a4515cc8103726d460073db.jpeg

Thrassian Atoll
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Dang! Sorry about the goby 😞 I order fish in the mail too and get some DOA's now and again. 

Thanks.  I knew it would eventually happen.  Weather has been pretty mild though and the water was still warm.  I think that was my 3rd or 4th fish from LiveAquaria and my first doa.  

Thrassian Atoll
1 minute ago, vlangel said:

Sorry about the goby, that is sad.  I had pretty good luck with LA but it happens.

Thanks.  I appreciate it.

Thrassian Atoll

I forgot to mention.  I don’t remember every single thing coming double bagged from LiveAquaria.  I ordered like 1 snail of each type and they all came in separate double bags.  I mean that’s awesome, but it seemed like such a waste of space and resources.  

Thrassian Atoll

I swung by a pet store yesterday on the way up to the in laws house.  I was not expecting to buy anything but this fish caught my attention.   There were 2 of them in the tank and this was the bigger of the 2.  

Meet my new Black Storm Mocha Clownfish!  I am not usually a big clownfish fan but this guy was awesome looking.  I figured why not.  He’s the first for the reboot of the tank.  

It was super hard taking a photo of him, since he’s always swimming back and forth, with my phone but got a few photos that at least shows his detail.  I’ll take some more with my cannon slr one day.  Don’t mind the diatoms, those suckers blew up in the last day or 2.  

B67395FD-AAB2-4B73-9441-296D6D1CB4BA.thumb.jpeg.f8921da4c2873723ce6ed5a52a1213ba.jpegD4EC59FE-D957-4461-9538-342628C983EF.thumb.jpeg.e670a09f97aab41e6877aa8a43c16822.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
Thrassian Atoll

I guess I spoke too soon.  LiveAquaria can’t ship today due to weather.  Kind of a head scratcher though as it’s 50 degrees today and tomorrow here in Missouri and I am guessing California is fine...

Thrassian Atoll
19 minutes ago, Boggers said:

Unless the fish is coming via their Wisconsin facility for some reason.

The one that was doa was from Cali.  I see there’s snow to the north of me that would affect the Wisconsin facility.

Thrassian Atoll

I received my Dracula Goby Friday from LiveAquaria.  This one was alive and well.  Since entering the tank though, I have not seen him.  I am sure he’s under the rocks and sand with the pistol shrimp digging burrows. Hopefully he pops out soon.  

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Nice looking clown, she reminds me of a zombie or maybe a skeleton with the black eye sockets. 

Thanks!  She does have that Cobra Kai skeleton look going on.  

• 2 weeks later...
Thrassian Atoll

I haven’t seen my Dracula Goby yet since introducing her to the tank.  I saw the pistol today for the first time.  He’s been super busy as well.  There are tunnels everywhere under my rocks.  I really hope the Goby is still alive.  It’s been about 10 days now since she entered the tank.

Thrassian Atoll

The winter storm sweeping across America pumbled Missouri this weekend.  I lost power for 2 hours yesterday morning and then for 11 hours tonight.  The power actually just came back on a couple of hours ago.  The tank water dropped down to 66.8 degrees.

The tank inhabitants I can see seem alright.  Corals seem fine as of now.  My clown is swimming around fine.  I thought I had lost my skunk cleaner shrimp but thankfully he just molted.  

I will see how everything looks when I wake up tomorrow and the tank lights are on.

A small inverter generator can be found for fairly cheap, considering how much our livestock can cost.  People in apartments and other restrictions may be a bit more limited, but one of those computer power backups could probably power a moderate heater and a low watt power head, could make all the difference!

I lost a tank during a hurricane related outage years ago, so I've had a generator ever since.  Best piece of reef equipment I ever bought!

I hope your tank is ok Tilton!

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
11 hours ago, dchisenh said:

A small inverter generator can be found for fairly cheap, considering how much our livestock can cost.  People in apartments and other restrictions may be a bit more limited, but one of those computer power backups could probably power a moderate heater and a low watt power head, could make all the difference!

I lost a tank during a hurricane related outage years ago, so I've had a generator ever since.  Best piece of reef equipment I ever bought!

I hope your tank is ok Tilton!

Thanks!  Everything seems good.  I plan on going to harbor freight next weekend and seeing what they have for generators. 

Thrassian Atoll

Found my Dracula Goby!  He and the pistol shrimp decided they wanted to spend time in the back compartments of the tank.  🤦‍♂️  It’s kind of crazy that both of them were back there.  They couldn’t of been back there more than a day or so.  The Goby was easy to get out.  The shrimp not so much.  Whoever decided to put like glass bottoms in the compartments with room to get underneath, I just want to ask why?  I don’t get it.  

Anyways, here’s a bad picture of what I was looking at.  I am just glad everybody is alive.  That’s the first time I have seen the Goby since I bought it.

39E73E27-360E-4565-970C-749726AB3953.thumb.jpeg.19fdef57ce12ce2182e05eb20fc26f50.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Thrassian Atoll
44 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Wow, glad they made it out safe and sound! It's such a tight space to get them out of, I've been there before. Stressful!

Thanks!  Had to take everything out of the back to get the shrimp out.  I had to plug one side of the bottom area under the glass with some filter floss, stick a tube around under the side to get the shrimp to go to the middle, plugged that side then to finally get the shrimp in a little net.  Haha, glad that’s over.  Hopefully they don’t do it again.