inTank Media Baskets

Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon

Thrassian Atoll

23 minutes ago, TILTON said:

Thanks!!  I just ordered a Midas Blenny.  Should be at the fish store Wednesday and I will have them hold it for a week probably to see how it does.  

Other than those two, I am thinking Helfrichi Firefish and a flasher wrasse.  I'll see how it goes after 3 with my water quality.  Don't want to push it with SPS dominant plans.  

Going to take a few more weeks until I get my artfullyAcrylic top too.  Might have to throw some screen or something on there after I get the midas until I get my top.

Awesome, that Goby looks fantastic!

• Thanks 1
Thrassian Atoll
48 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Oh I believe it, I just don't remember it. I'm not one to sober post. 

Haha, I don't even remember what it was about.  Sure I said I'll tag you or something.  

38 minutes ago, _badger said:

Awesome, that Goby looks fantastic!

Thank you!!  He's a little skinny.  Hopefully he will eat well.

Thrassian Atoll

Some new Frags I picked up last night from a local reefer/guy from work.  Bird Of Paradise, purple monti cap, purple undata, meteor shower and another type of cyphastrea.  Not sure what color it will take.  Also got orange monti cap, orange digi.  The BOP frag is huge.  

IMG_1816.JPG

IMG_1817.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

• Like 4
On 8/11/2017 at 3:40 PM, TILTON said:

Received my shipment from Indo-Pacific Sea Farms.  I ordered a few things including, amphipods, mama-Mia worms, Bristle worms, coraline algae plates, baby brittle stars.  I also received 6 free strombus snails.  

Shipping was great.  2 day free delivery from Hawaii.  Everything was triple bagged.  That was all double bagged inside of a cooler.  Everything arrived alive.  Couldn't be happier.

Heres a photo of the spaghetti worms. 

IMG_1094.JPG

I almost ordered from IPSF and still may a few months down the road!!

How do like all the livestock you got from them?

I really love your fish choices for this tank. 

Oh, and on the light, it looks like it may be too late now but I think @calvin has a 20" T5HO light that he was trying to sell. 

Thrassian Atoll
47 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I almost ordered from IPSF and still may a few months down the road!!

How do like all the livestock you got from them?

I really love your fish choices for this tank. 

Oh, and on the light, it looks like it may be too late now but I think @calvin has a 20" T5HO light that he was trying to sell. 

I really liked my order from ipsf l.  Really pricey for what you get though.  

My nanobox light is on really low output right now.  I am going to Slowly ramp up and see how stuff reacts.  I wanted the ATI 4 bulb T5 but didn't have mounting kits for them.  I think leds have came a long way though and like this light.  I just wish you could get a stronger atintic look out of it to make the corals pop more.

IMG_1074.PNG

gone_PHiSHin

you can get a very actinic look out of the nanobox lights.  just back your whites off and up your blues.

at peak, my settings are over a 3:1 ratio of blues to whites, but at evening settings my lights look very actinic,  settings are 85%, 10%, 85%, 45% or somewhere around there.

• Like 1
gone_PHiSHin

the whites are very strong.  i have never kept mine over 32%, and that took a while to ramp up to.  i started to see my acans at the bottom of my tank to lose color going much higher than that with the whites.  my royal blue is up to 90% now during peak

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
42 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

the whites are very strong.  i have never kept mine over 32%, and that took a while to ramp up to.  i started to see my acans at the bottom of my tank to lose color going much higher than that with the whites.  my royal blue is up to 90% now during peak

I am going to keep the white at 25% for now.  I just turned the blue up a little.  I have mine on a bell curve, so the color is pretty much always the same.  I might change it up though to go more blue in the morning and evening.

Thrassian Atoll

Messing around light room with the photos I took earlier.  This is closer to the tank lighting color and coral colors.  

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

• Like 3
Thrassian Atoll

I don't think the birdsnest is bird of paradise.  It has green polyps rather than green flesh.  It looks a little browned out though.  See what color is changes too in my tank.

Thrassian Atoll

Just got my first Acro!  Suppose to be a green slimer but he's looking a little browned out.  I have it pretty high in the tank right not.  I accidentally broke it into a couple pieces removing it from the rock it came on but I am hoping they fuse back together.  

I will update on how the color develops over time.  

IMG_1155.JPG

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll

Also got a small candy stripe  pistol to pair with my yasha last night.  Have not seen where it went, but I heard a couple of clicks today.  My yasha isn't with it yet.  Hopefully they pair up.

also got a pretty good diatom bloom going on right now.  ?  Hoping it doesn't last long.

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll

My tank has been doing great!  I hooked up a wxm to the mp10 and apex to control the mp10 better.  It is definitely pretty awesome.  I also ordered an Apex DOS.  My tank is using up 1 dkh a week already.  Corals are doing great.  The green slimer is getting greener and greener everyday.  My new Ponape from Ora is a little bleached but hopefully it colors up easily.  My only issues right now are the billion copepods helping make the water look a little cloudy.  These things are crazy.  It may also be my sand blowing around a little.   Other than that, for some reason my cyphastrea look terrible.  I dont know why.  These should be the hardiest corals in the tank, haha.  

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

• Like 3
Thrassian Atoll

Got a new mini colony of Acropora from a buddy today!!  He believes it is Grape Juice.  Going to see what kind of colors my tank and light brings out of it.  Going to keep it low on the sand bed for now and move it up after a few days.  Looks awesome though.  This color is pretty close to what it actually looks like in the tank right now. 

IMG_1863.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Thrassian Atoll

Here are some top down photos of most of my corals.  

Here is what I am hoping to be Grape Juice Acropora. 

IMG_1895.thumb.jpg.db5db3c1cd2468d47b48ff30faa0d061.jpg

Here are 2 different red monti caps.  The first one was orange in the persons tank that I bought it from.  IMG_1898.thumb.jpg.9e2996e77a59c484a38fd1540ab7d7b1.jpg

IMG_1893.thumb.jpg.8d7e3051f7331cb042cd7f76608cd016.jpg

Here is my bleached Ponape Birdsnest that I recently bought from Ora. SMH, Also in the photo are 2 cyphastrea that are slowing regaining there color. I do not think they liked the bayer dip when I first got them.  IMG_1894.thumb.jpg.8f9a885c508a801dd546a70d2a2af9ad.jpg

Here is a purple montipora undata.  IMG_1897.thumb.jpg.a7565f8985a013c660e2069985d2110b.jpg

Here is a superman montipora.  Did not have a lot of color when I got it.  Hopefully it starts turning blue rather than green.  IMG_1896.thumb.jpg.c584d3806a6e8e04851d71fb2b76a16d.jpg

This montipora digitata was also orange in the last persons tank.  Its the same color as the monti, which is red to me.  IMG_1899.thumb.jpg.3ecbda96960a3703d2e57988bfbb05a8.jpg

Here is my green birdsnest.

IMG_1903.thumb.jpg.b1b15cc3a046e1f5d90ecad2e8bccc2d.jpg

Finally, here is my green slimer acro.  This guy is coloring up wonderfully. IMG_1901.thumb.jpg.4318ca56e9ca762ec2ff5b5a366bfc54.jpg

• Like 3
Thrassian Atoll
5 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

That red monticap looks like orange setosa to me...

The first one?  I haven't had Setosa before.  Setosa branches out right?

Thrassian Atoll

Apex DOS all hooked up!  My alkalinity is dropping .35 DKH daily already.  Saturday after my water change it was at 8.4 and today it was at 6.6.  I figured it takes around 3ml of ESV B IONIC 2 Part to keep up with daily alkalinity loss.  

I am going to dose 5 ml a day of each part in hopes that it will slowly raise my alkalinity to around 8.0 - 8.2 DKH.  I will keep testing every other day to see if it's raising slightly and go from there.  Once I get it back to around where I want it, I'll dial the dosing back down to the daily consumption rate.  

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll

A few new additions that I bought a couple of days ago.  They are all doing well so far.  1 Skunk Cleaner and 3 Sexy shrimp.  I thought Sexys liked to stick together?  All of them hang out in different areas. 

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll

Woke up this morning to a freebie candy cane coral I got yesterday eating my sexy shrimp!!  ?.  I didn't even want the damn coral, but it was free so I threw it I. The corner of the tank.  

Why are the sexies even near it?  You can see another one hanging out under it.  I pulled the shrimp out a little bit but he was a goner.

IMG_1266.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2