TILTON

Coral Kingdom Of Thras ~ 3 Month Mark

Nice pics!  The red dragon may not like being so close to the light?  I have mine lower in the tank. It also was finicky in the beginning. I lost 2 big frags, with only a littlest one survived (bought a rock with 3 on it). It’s now the biggest acro in my tank. 

• Like 1

TILTON   
3 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Nice pics!  The red dragon may not like being so close to the light?  I have mine lower in the tank. It also was finicky in the beginning. I lost 2 big frags, with only a littlest one survived (bought a rock with 3 on it). It’s now the biggest acro in my tank. 

Thanks!  

I may move it down.  I saw that a lot of people had them all over their tanks with good success.  It's a little reassuring that somebody else's was being finicky too though.  I hope it pulls through.  It's a pretty large frag.  I trimmed off the pieces I could that rtned. 

TILTON   

This red dragon is still giving me fits.  Had a lot of rtn on the base when I woke up today.  Cut off everything that was dead and moved it beside my rock arch out of heavy flow.  I hope that helps and it stops the rtn.  It just sucks that this is the first coral giving me a bunch of trouble.  I am sure it won't be the last though.

• Sad 2

gogeta   

Everything's looking awesome really nice sps frags you picked up there too!

• Like 1

TILTON   
6 hours ago, gogeta said:

Everything's looking awesome really nice sps frags you picked up there too!

Thanks!

TILTON   

Red Dragon Acro didn't make it.  🙁  I woke up this morning to it being completely rtn.  I just wish I knew what the issue was so I don't repeat it.  Then again, maybe there was nothing wrong on my end.  

IMG_1530.thumb.JPG.c6604c6d42afa892cb242675adf2d9e2.JPG

IMG_1531.thumb.JPG.0246e75790708865c98578933294774f.JPG

• Sad 3

Red dragons go downhill fast. Same thing happened to mine a while back. 

Your frags are all pretty big! Really like the "circus show" one, good size too! Nice FTS!

• Like 1

TILTON   
17 minutes ago, Orangutran said:

Red dragons go downhill fast. Same thing happened to mine a while back. 

Your frags are all pretty big! Really like the "circus show" one, good size too! Nice FTS!

Yeah, that red dragon was pretty big.  I wonder if it would have helped if he put it on a plug and let it heal?  This was a fresh cut frag not on a plug.

The circus show is a very big frag.  Like a mini colony.  Very happy with the purchase.  I wish I knew the common name for it around the hobby.  Pacific east is the only place I could find the name Circus Show.

• Like 1

TILTON   

3 month mark!  Got some nice frags coming from Vivids tomorrow.  I will post photos once they are here.

• Like 1

rsucre   

Nice build.  No lid?  Any issues with jumping fish?  That midas blenny can jump out.

• Like 1

TILTON   
1 hour ago, rsucre said:

Nice build.  No lid?  Any issues with jumping fish?  That midas blenny can jump out.

There's a Clearview Lid.  More photos on the previous page. 

IMG_1426.JPG