Pod Your Reef

SQUIRTED THE S*** outta me Lol

pretendo

I just acclimated my clam and putting him in the tank, he squirted me hard, I knew they squirted but didnt know it was that much and hard, My tank is 12" high, Should I buy a lid? Ill try to point him the correct way length wise

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, pretendo said:

I just acclimated my clam and putting him in the tank, he squirted me hard, I knew they squirted but didnt know it was that much and hard, My tank is 12" high, Should I buy a lid you think?

Maybe. 

I witnessed mine blow a hermit crab out of the way that was irritating it from below.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Mine does.  

Show us some pics!

Okay when he opens up , does the foot have to be on a rock, or is the sand okay? 

2 minutes ago, pretendo said:

Okay when he opens up , does the foot have to be on a rock, or is the sand okay? 

What kind of clam is it?

IMG_4506.thumb.JPG.93cef14f3da58e74386645d910e9bd23.JPG

This is my Crocea Clam and they live in/on the rocks. 

• Like 3

I think maxima? the owner at the LFS said sand is okay but i moved him to a rock and seems to be opening up now. got a lid.

hmm doesnt seem to want to open all the way

PCpuZZT.jpg
Hcpvjja.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, pretendo said:

I think maxima? the owner at the LFS said sand is okay but i moved him to a rock and seems to be opening up now. got a lid.

hmm doesnt seem to want to open all the way

PCpuZZT.jpg
Hcpvjja.jpg

It may just be trying to settle in......mine opened right away and after it adjusted itself on the rock it hasn't moved since.

If it hates that spot it will try to "jump" off or move around trying to get comfortable.  

Was the foot attached to anything when you bought it?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

It may just be trying to settle in......mine opened right away and after it adjusted itself on the rock it hasn't moved since.

If it hates that spot it will try to "jump" off or move around trying to get comfortable.  

Was the foot attached to anything when you bought it?

clean foot here he is now

ZkE5GUc.jpg

gQ0gtQV.jpg

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Man, the people searching sqiurting clam on google are gonna be pissed when this thread shows up. 

lmao

• Like 1