Coral Vue Hydros

22g Mr Aqua AIO - new photos 5/12

Tamberav

Not too much happening, picked up a macro pack for 10g and one hardy acro (Cliffs acro), however the sellers had too much red dragon acro and was giving frags away so I got a frag of that as well. So far it has polyp extension and looks good. I wouldn't normally pick up a more sensitive acro for such a young tank but I can't say no to trying something for free. I apologize if it dies :wacko:

Also needed another 5g bucket and saw our sub shop here was selling them for $2 with a lid that has a o-ring to make it water tight (they are pickle buckets) and the $2 goes to charity so can't beat that!

36240617064_1176bfd4ed_c.jpg2017-09-06_08-55-58 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

36262133063_376180348d_c.jpg2017-09-06_08-56-14 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 2

Wow, seems I've missed the start of all your new tanks! This one has such a nice clean look, I've always liked the 22g long dimensions. I can't believe the way those hermits cleaned up the GHA! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Wow, seems I've missed the start of all your new tanks! This one has such a nice clean look, I've always liked the 22g long dimensions. I can't believe the way those hermits cleaned up the GHA! 

Thanks! No worries, just got back into the game. The 22g works to perfect as a peninsula with a couch on the other side to just relax and watch the critters. It was between the Aqua and the IM Fusion Peninsula. I am glad I decided on the Mr Aqua, the IM fusion is only 30 inches long and this one is 36 inches and 6 inches is hella significant. From what I read the AIO in the 20g fusion is really compact as well. I really like my IM10g but wasn't quiet sold on the 20g.

I see you are creeping up to bigger and bigger tanks :D

• Like 1

Got an order from Divers Den today! Love the oversized blackout bags. Banana for scale...

37107127925_0def61c6b0_c.jpg2017-09-08_01-09-38 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Then the banana got stolen...

36271965374_6d90547319_c.jpg2017-09-08_01-10-12 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

A very FAT midas blenny with lots of spunk! I had one of these a few years ago and he was a huge jerk and aggressive even to fish that were in the tank before him (he was in a 40 gallon). I decided to give another one a try since they have a lot of personality and interesting swimming pattern. I'll just be sure not to add anything delicate.

36271969224_cc82258f51_c.jpg2017-09-08_01-10-31 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 4

I wish I could find hermits that have as much of a stomach for GHA as yours do!  I haven't seen anyone using Badfish kits in forever (it seems).  I wonder why they lost popularity?  They seemed super cool. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

I wish I could find hermits that have as much of a stomach for GHA as yours do!  I haven't seen anyone using Badfish kits in forever (it seems).  I wonder why they lost popularity?  They seemed super cool. 

I was pretty surprised myself at their appetite. It's newly grown after-cycle GHA so maybe its super juicy and tender. I think he had some family medical stuff come up in his life and stopped selling the kits. They probably would have remained popular otherwise because of the price point, I think it was around $40.

Nitrate: 0.75

Po4: 0.039

Too lazy to test other parameters (don't be me). Doubt much of anything is being used up at this point.

Added another chunk of PO4 remover, changed filterfloss.

12 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Nitrate: 0.75

Po4: 0.039

Too lazy to test other parameters (don't be me). Doubt much of anything is being used up at this point.

Added another chunk of PO4 remover, changed filterfloss.

I don't test at all.  You're better than me! :lol:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, mashedpotato said:

Is that a gyre pump? I have the same tank with an AIO setup and I was debating getting a gyre.

Yes, it is the 130 with a cap on the end

4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

What a gorgeous cat!  What kind is she?

She is a Bengal, she was the oddball in the bunch of kittens. Most of them have reddish spots and a bit darker fur. She is has a very light coat with darker spots. I always end up with the oddballs somehow lol shes a sweetheart though and a lap cat, we picked her out for her personality. She was already 6 months when we got her but I wanted an older kitten so I could know their personality. My other Bengal is a rescue and has asthma and anxiety when there isn't a 2nd cat in the house so when my eldest cat passed away we picked out this new fuzz ball and needed to make sure she would be the perfect companion for our bengal boy. It worked out perfect.

Here is Onyx, our boy:

28649767503_d2b97e4c8e_c.jpgDSC_0001 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Snuggles!

37227941636_e49a0ff88c_c.jpgIMG_20170828_133649 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

36605280553_91fd84d2bf_c.jpgIMG_20170628_030220 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

37227943746_f584f72142_c.jpgIMG_20170616_175341 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

35510954761_19b3bcf502_c.jpg2017-06-30_10-32-03 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Her and my dog are around the same age so they get along great and play too.

37019012110_60cb25c9f6_c.jpgIMG_20170724_152414 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

And this is Natawni, we lost her at age 12 to cancer. It is hard to tell in some photos but she has the prettiest green eyes.

28850058420_2d82995e4f_c.jpg2016-08-21_02-06-16 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

36565111894_7e230dc9c5_c.jpgIMG_20170506_231808 (1) by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Tamberav said:

She is a Bengal, she was the oddball in the bunch of kittens. Most of them have reddish spots and a bit darker fur. She is has a very light coat with darker spots. I always end up with the oddballs somehow lol shes a sweetheart though and a lap cat, we picked her out for her personality. She was already 6 months when we got her but I wanted an older kitten so I could know their personality. My other Bengal is a rescue and has asthma and anxiety when there isn't a 2nd cat in the house so when my eldest cat passed away we picked out this new fuzz ball and needed to make sure she would be the perfect companion for our bengal boy. It worked out perfect.

Here is Onyx, our boy:

28649767503_d2b97e4c8e_c.jpgDSC_0001 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Snuggles!

37227941636_e49a0ff88c_c.jpgIMG_20170828_133649 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

36605280553_91fd84d2bf_c.jpgIMG_20170628_030220 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

37227943746_f584f72142_c.jpgIMG_20170616_175341 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

35510954761_19b3bcf502_c.jpg2017-06-30_10-32-03 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Her and my dog are around the same age so they get along great and play too.

37019012110_60cb25c9f6_c.jpgIMG_20170724_152414 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

And this is Natawni, we lost her at age 12 to cancer. It is hard to tell in some photos but she has the prettiest green eyes.

28850058420_2d82995e4f_c.jpg2016-08-21_02-06-16 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

36565111894_7e230dc9c5_c.jpgIMG_20170506_231808 (1) by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Beautiful cats, all of them!  And the pup looks like an Australian shepherd or something similar with a merle coat!  Aren't Bengals supposed to be good for people with allergies?  Natawni did have stunning green eyes!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

Ugh they are so beautiful! I need them. :wub:

They are great cats! They have a crazy personality and never slow down with age, kittens forever. They need play time and some like to fetch like dogs and walk on leash. Ours like walks. Sadly some end up in shelters because people get them for their looks but realize they have a lot of energy at any age and can wreck things in the house if they don't get a proper outlet for their play. Some like water too... Natawni liked to swim in the lake and Akira loves watching anything to do with water (mixing salt is fascinating to her). Some cats will always dump their water bowl because of it though.

5 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Beautiful cats, all of them!  And the pup looks like an Australian shepherd or something similar with a merle coat!  Aren't Bengals supposed to be good for people with allergies?  Natawni did have stunning green eyes!

Yeah, I am allergic to cats but loved cats and grew up with them and just suffered through it. I ended up getting Natawni because I wanted a cat that was hypoallergenic. Some people still have reactions and a visit to a breeders house is a good way to know. I have found it varies from cat to cat. I had zero reaction to Natawni and could rub her all over my face but she was much closer related to the wild asian leopard than the other two (her small arrow-like spots are like the wild ancestor and the big spots are selectively bred). I have some reaction to the other two but its mostly just need to be careful not to rub my eyes after I pet them. I don't get the super runny nose or anything that I would around regular cats.

The pups mom was aussie and border collie and the dad was german shepherd and rough collie. He is a blast of energy. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

They are great cats! They have a crazy personality and never slow down with age, kittens forever. They need play time and some like to fetch like dogs and walk on leash. Ours like walks. Sadly some end up in shelters because people get them for their looks but realize they have a lot of energy at any age and can wreck things in the house if they don't get a proper outlet for their play. Some like water too... Natawni liked to swim in the lake and Akira loves watching anything to do with water (mixing salt is fascinating to her). Some cats will always dump their water bowl because of it though.

Yeah, I am allergic to cats but loved cats and grew up with them and just suffered through it. I ended up getting Natawni because I wanted a cat that was hypoallergenic. Some people still have reactions and a visit to a breeders house is a good way to know. I have found it varies from cat to cat. I had zero reaction to Natawni and could rub her all over my face but she was much closer related to the wild asian leopard than the other two (her small arrow-like spots are like the wild ancestor and the big spots are selectively bred). I have some reaction to the other two but its mostly just need to be careful not to rub my eyes after I pet them. I don't get the super runny nose or anything that I would around regular cats.

The pups mom was aussie and border collie and the dad was german shepherd and rough collie. He is a blast of energy. 

That's so interesting!  I'm slightly allergic to cats but my husband wants one someday so we may look into them.  And I bet the pup is full of energy with all that working dog heritage!  Has he ever done any sort of agility training?  Growing up, a local festival always had a little demonstration of some (mostly border) collies herding sheep and I always thought it was so cool, and perfect for such intelligent, energetic dogs.

4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

That's so interesting!  I'm slightly allergic to cats but my husband wants one someday so we may look into them.  And I bet the pup is full of energy with all that working dog heritage!  Has he ever done any sort of agility training?  Growing up, a local festival always had a little demonstration of some (mostly border) collies herding sheep and I always thought it was so cool, and perfect for such intelligent, energetic dogs.

He is in agility but mostly proofing contact's and such... They don't allow dogs to do the jumps or anything strenuous until they are finished growing due to possible injury. Also plan to do dock diving.. He loves pools and retrieving. He was catching toys out of the air at 9 weeks... Had to roll his toys along the floor to keep him from making crazy leaps as a little pup. He is all about being a disc dog and catching those frisbees. 

• Like 2

Nitrate somewhere between 0-0.25 (ever so slightly pink)

PO4: 0 with low range checker

Everything appears to be thriving, may up the feeding a bit. Start doing a little reef roids.

I need more fish poo :lol:

• Like 1