Tamberav

22g Mr Aqua AIO - BATTLEBOX IS HERE!!!

1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Battlecorals is only 1 hour from me, I didn't ask if I could come pick up in person though but it could save on shipping stress. Boom Corals is about 20 min and I have picked up stuff in person there which is nice. 

wow, thanks for that info.  I just looked up where he lives and it's 90 mins from me.  Maybe I will get the $200 battlebox now and pick it up instead....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Clown Car and BC Bliss need to color up after shipping or maybe because of my faulty heater. The rest look great and are encrusting. Rainbow bright is super fuzzy and damn cool... I just finally took some off the frag rack and glued them last night. Had to get them off frag plugs or cut the stem which proved difficult with an old dull saw blade so they took a little abuse. 

On his site it does say Clown Car needs an insane amount of light and 250 isn't enough so I should probably move the frag rack up. 

Any particular reason? Just like WYSIWYG and not photoshop? 😄

I started my reefing hobby in a small town with no access to any sort of coral. Everything had to be bought online or drive 2 hours. I did make the drive for the yearly frag swap though, that was always worth it. Needless to say I did a lot of shopping online, a lot of fish. I still buy fish online because DD has stuff I can't find anywhere else. I am just used to online sales now but since I have access to more in Milwaukee I actually have only ordered from battlecorals and the clams from PEA. Everything else I got local besides some fish. So if the option is there, its nice.

Battlecorals is only 1 hour from me, I didn't ask if I could come pick up in person though but it could save on shipping stress. Boom Corals is about 20 min and I have picked up stuff in person there which is nice. 

Yea, I just like to actually see corals in person when I buy them. Not just due to some vendors doctering up pics, but just to see exact size and how it'll fit where I have planned in my tank. 

• Like 1

Oh my god... Dino just showed up the past few days out of nowhere. 😡 It is a different strain of dino than I had years ago. I have always struggled to keep nutrients up even with heavy feeding so I am sure that is part of the problem. I am pretty sure I introduced them when I moved the clams over. My other tank is more diverse and dirty but this one not so much...

I'm going to take a different approach and try running an over-sized UV Sterilizer for a bit and possibly seeding with some good live rock for biodiversity. Maybe employ some DIY coral snow to grab them out of the water column to make removal easier. 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Oh my god... Dino just showed up the past few days out of nowhere. 😡 It is a different strain of dino than I had years ago. I have always struggled to keep nutrients up even with heavy feeding so I am sure that is part of the problem. I am pretty sure I introduced them when I moved the clams over. My other tank is more diverse and dirty but this one not so much...

I'm going to take a different approach and try running an over-sized UV Sterilizer for a bit and possibly seeding with some good live rock for biodiversity. Maybe employ some DIY coral snow to grab them out of the water column to make removal easier. 

Noooooo :angry:

• Like 2

Oh man,that is no good !!! Hopefully the sterilizer works. I've never had Dino's but I have had Bryopsis..and that was absolutely terrible 😰..

21 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Noooooo :angry:

How was your KPA in terms of how dense the rock was? How much life survived being shipped?

Trying to decide btw KPA and TBS rock. I was going to buy a box for the frag tank anyways so good opportunity to add some diversity. 

I had gulf live rock before, lots of life but very dense. 

18 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Oh man,that is no good !!! Hopefully the sterilizer works. I've never had Dino's but I have had Bryopsis..and that was absolutely terrible 😰..

Won't lie....Its the worst thing ever... and toxic to corals. I can see it causing issues with the SPS already. 

• Sad 1

Ugh!  Dinos suck!  I just got a pack of pods and live phyto from Algae Barn to add to the IM14 in an effort to combat those buggers.  They haven't yet (knock on wood) grown out of control like they did in the jar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Ugh!  Dinos suck!  I just got a pack of pods and live phyto from Algae Barn to add to the IM14 in an effort to combat those buggers.  They haven't yet (knock on wood) grown out of control like they did in the jar.

19 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

best of luck with fighting this!  

They are monsters!

Image result for fire meme

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.