Pod Your Reef

1st Marine Reef IM20 Fusion - May 2020 UPDATE

Lugmos12

33 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

I think my St. Thomas mushroom is splitting in two :mellow: 

IMG_8082.JPG

That's an interesting looking St. Thomas, I've never seen one like that.

20 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

That's an interesting looking St. Thomas, I've never seen one like that.

I mean that's what i was told it was in the ID forum ??‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

I mean that's what i was told it was in the ID forum ??‍♂️

It may be, but it looks nothing like the ones I've had.  It actually reminds me of a hairy mushroom of some kind.  I only think that cause of how small the bubbles are lol.

• Like 1
fishfreak0114

Your tank looks great!  It's filling up nicely.  I hope the scooter does well, you may want to look into culturing your own pods instead of buying them all.  That could get pretty expensive.  I love the blasto, it's so exciting to find new heads on them!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

It may be, but it looks nothing like the ones I've had.  It actually reminds me of a hairy mushroom of some kind.  I only think that cause of how small the bubbles are lol.

This picture was taking during lights off with a flashlight. The mushroom fills up to 3x that size during light hours.

19 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Your tank looks great!  It's filling up nicely.  I hope the scooter does well, you may want to look into culturing your own pods instead of buying them all.  That could get pretty expensive.  I love the blasto, it's so exciting to find new heads on them!

Thank you! It's become obsessive but I'm calming down a bit :haha:

I'm hoping too that it lasts. I thought about taking it back but I didn't want to take the trip there and have the store decline to take it back. Any tips on culturing pods?

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
2 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

This picture was taking during lights off with a flashlight. The mushroom fills up to 3x that size during light hours.

Thank you! It's become obsessive but I'm calming down a bit :haha:

I'm hoping too that it lasts. I thought about taking it back but I didn't want to take the trip there and have the store decline to take it back. Any tips on culturing pods?

Sorry, but I can't help you with the culturing as I've never done it myself.

5 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Still looks more like a hairy mushroom than a St. Thomas to me in these pics lol.  Did it split?

I have a hairy mushroom and they don't look alike at all; the hairy has a more 'flat' look to it. These pics were taken during lights off with a flashlight.

I think this one might be a frilly mushroom.

It's almost split; hanging by a thread right now. I wonder why it split :(

1 hour ago, Lugmos12 said:

I have a hairy mushroom and they don't look alike at all; the hairy has a more 'flat' look to it. These pics were taken during lights off with a flashlight.

I think this one might be a frilly mushroom.

It's almost split; hanging by a thread right now. I wonder why it split :(

I don't think I even knew there were both hairy and frilly mushrooms lol.  I don't think they are discosoma species like St. Thomas though.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

@Lula_Mae i don't know what to make of this. I went from 2 to 4 in about 4 days lmfao 

I don't either lol.  Were there any events or changes in your tank recently?  Wondering if it's like with some nems that it can spark them to split.

1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

I don't either lol.  Were there any events or changes in your tank recently?  Wondering if it's like with some nems that it can spark them to split.

None. Just a water change this past weekend. Only 'new' thing I did was feed reef chili 1x/week.