Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

1st Marine Reef IM20 Fusion - May 2020 UPDATE

Lugmos12

30 minutes ago, dvs1986 said:

your evo is looking great. I actually have a lot of the same corals growing in my evo with a very similar aquascape. looking good!

Thanks! I spend hours looking at it lol where are your tank pics?! :haha:

i haven't set up much of anything on NR. im still really new. but i have an IG account if you want to check that in the mean time @dvs_evo13 is my username. i need to get on here more, but i feel like since my tank has been up since march, no one cares about it if its already going, people like to see the progress.. right? am i right? or should i set up a build thread?

5 minutes ago, dvs1986 said:

i haven't set up much of anything on NR. im still really new. but i have an IG account if you want to check that in the mean time @dvs_evo13 is my username. i need to get on here more, but i feel like since my tank has been up since march, no one cares about it if its already going, people like to see the progress.. right? am i right? or should i set up a build thread?

I've seen people build threads still and just update from where you are now. Do it!

9 minutes ago, dvs1986 said:

Also just followed you on IG. you have a clam in your tank LOL:haha:

Update:

ricordes split in two; but the mother still has two mouths ??‍♂️

the frilly mushroom also split so now there’s a total of three. 

849851D1-D8D6-4258-BC55-9D13CDB119A1.jpeg

EEDDFECB-BED1-4BA5-A8A6-E603DF3150CC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
On 10/4/2017 at 9:44 PM, dvs1986 said:

We like build threads, and we like pics. ;) And if you have pics from your tank's early days, more the better!  Some have set up threads for tanks that have been up for years. :)

• Like 2

I'm struggling today with my tank. I have flow issues due to my coral placement. I think I'm going to have to start from scratch again. I don't have any glue right now so I can't change anything. My plan is to order some strong glue online and re-do the entire tank sometime this week. Some of my coral are splitting rapidly so I have to change their placement in the tank; sort of necessary.

I might get rid of one of the rocks but I'm not sure how this can affect the amount of nitrifying bacteria in the tank. Maybe place the rocks in the sump area of the tank.

The amount of aggression from my female clown to male clown also hasn't decreased in the last ~2 months. She goes at him any chance she gets; I don't see any scars or disease signs on him since he's faster at swimming.

:/

Edited by Lugmos12
my terrible grammar/spelling
  • Sad 3

Haha, I think that snail has enough surface area that you can remove some rock!

BTW, you sure that isn't a trochus? My turbo has a rigis bumpy shell and my (lazy ass) trochus has a smooth shell. 

25 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

Haha, I think that snail has enough surface area that you can remove some rock!

BTW, you sure that isn't a trochus? My turbo has a rigis bumpy shell and my (lazy ass) trochus has a smooth shell. 

It’s a turbo. They had three of them. I have never seen them this big. Cost me $3 i think lol

its the same she’ll as this other in my tank:

18794C55-CA58-4978-BA7F-5F2A60DB941D.jpeg

Tank update:

Finally re-did my rockscape to fix a flow issue. The Euphyllia corals look very happy and fully expanded; i placed them towards the  back of the tank away from heavy flow. The hairy mushroom split so I now have three from the original. I also have three frilly mushrooms from the original one. The utter chaos palys have exploded and I have about 11-12 heads from the original 4. The kenya tree is huge and I'm pretty sure I could frag it now (it dropped off a little baby not that long ago). My next goal is to get my hands on some acans.

59efd8a56e0cd_2017-10-2420_01.28-1.thumb.jpg.b6f2f8a1011216eb3c31cb9cc3fa677e.jpg

• Like 4

Upgraded the stock lights to Current Marine Orbit (from a reefer on this site). 

I’m acclimating the corals using blues at 60 and whites at 45. 

1ACA805F-C226-488F-9DD6-43127DBFCCAB.thumb.jpeg.9dcbcec7a8615872e37ea2f01dae4e4e.jpeg

• Like 4

So on 10/31:

• my Alk was 11.8 and today it is 9.9
  • my calcium was 480 and today it is 460

I'm using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Do these numbers seen about right? I don't think my tank is overstock with corals but I'm also not sure how much alk/calc corals consume on average.