Coral Vue Hydros

1st Marine Reef IM20 Fusion - May 2020 UPDATE

Lugmos12

Green Bubble Tip Anemone split about 2-3 days ago. They’re almost healed from what I can see. Corals are doing great but I am battling some hair algae and some kind of diatoms. 

5D134549-F015-476D-BBBA-479DF5EAFB81.jpeg

EEE05264-AF25-487B-A0E1-54B50CA82374.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Ordered some 1.5 foot mangroves online to help with nutrient removal! The hair algae persists but it isolated to a part of the tank. I don't see it growing aggressively.

15 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Mangroves will be neat! I have an AI Prime on my IM14 and love it. Last FTS looks great!

Thank you! do you have mangroves on yours?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

1 of my Frostbite clowns jumped (I think It got spooked by something).

I added a reefglass skimmer; so far I like it.

Added a 2 frag racks to help clean up the sandbed a bit; I hated it the look of frags scattered across the sandbed.

The GSP has taken over 75% of my rockscape; somewhat what I intended but the GBTAS are not liking this.

I added a diffuser to the AI Prime HD; much better without the shimmer (disco ball effects) from the light. Next on the list is to add an ATO and possibly upgrade to a 20 gallon.

For some reason I wasn't able to uploaded pics so I'll try to add them later.

7D76FFC0-1139-434F-9DBA-8DCE3E34F019.jpeg

Edited by Lugmos12
added pic
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

UPDATE!

I haven't posted on here since January. Busy with life and work.

Tank is still going strong. GPS is pretty much a weed at this point so I pulled out a handful this morning during maintenance. I do 3-4 gallon water changes every 2 weeks. I've started to dose ESV B-Ionic. I lost one of my frostbite clowns so I added a picasso. In terms of corals. I added a green goniopora and some zoas, and an acan. I would like to do a zoa garden but the GPS has pretty much taken all over the rock.

83439351_2019-05-1421_21.44-1.thumb.jpg.9d853d20bc119c9fa229baace36833df.jpg

2019-04-13 20.01.30-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 4:28 PM, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

It's looking nice, good colours and big corals! Give us a full FTS from the front. 😛

Thanks! I will post some photos soon.

Update:

Corals lost:

-green goniopora

-acan

-hammer

Corals thriving:

-red goniopora

-euphyllia

-zoas/palys

-leathers

-GSP

Question:

If I were to add a carbon reactor, how often do I have to change it? What are the benefits of bio pellet in a reactor?

I don't want to keep buying chemipure nano; I would rather have a reactor and use my baskets just for filter floss.

Thoughts?

Edited by Lugmos12
coral mispelling
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

Question:

If I were to add a carbon reactor, how often do I have to change it? What are the benefits of bio pellet in a reactor?

Sorry about the losses.

It depends on how much carbon you have and how much you feed. It will exhaust quickly if there isn't a lot of it and there are a lot of nutrients. Generally people replace it every month in nanos. Go for ROX carbon if it isn't out of your budget.

Bio pellets take out organic matter, but they aren't efficient without a good skimmer paired with it. I've never used one so I don't know how efficient they would be compared to carbon/gfo.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Joevember said:

Sorry about the losses.

It depends on how much carbon you have and how much you feed. It will exhaust quickly if there isn't a lot of it and there are a lot of nutrients. Generally people replace it every month in nanos. Go for ROX carbon if it isn't out of your budget.

Bio pellets take out organic matter, but they aren't efficient without a good skimmer paired with it. I've never used one so I don't know how efficient they would be compared to carbon/gfo.

Thanks. I run a Reef Glass Skimmer on my tank.

I haven't posted in here in almost a year!

Best news is I will be upgrading to a bigger tank this weekend. Will focus on keeping easy corals and anemones. Will keep the fish I have so far. Might re-home one later on.

Biggest changes I've noticed in the tank is stability from dosing and growth which I attribute to supplements.

_DSC1582.JPG.82078c5a4654b9efd58ec7421bfdf53d.JPG

• Like 3