Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

7.5g nano reef

Melfy77

Well I now have a fishless tank:( found the little guy dead at the bottom of the tank this morning. Not really surprised though; wasn't looking great for the last 2-3 days, not eating, etc. So no fish for a while. Corals are doing great so that's good:D

Yeah I miss those little clowns, so got more frags instead :D one hairy mushroom and one gsp. Corals seem to be doing ok, and I've got coralline (especially the bright red one) growing like crazy haha. Love it! Snails are doing a decent job eating the hair algae in the glass and powerheads :rolleyes:

Ordered a new light, a Kessil A80!!!B) looking forward to get it next week!!!

There's the coralline (it's really incrusted so not cyano)

20170728_205713.jpg

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

and I've got coralline

That's always exciting... at least until you are scraping it off of everything. :lol:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, seabass said:

That's always exciting... at least until you are scraping it off of everything. :lol:

I'll take coralline over an infestation of GHA anytime though:D

• Like 1

So came home last night and found my glass covered with white specs. Some are pods, others not so sure. Also have this guy hanging around in my tank. Should I worry? It's got no colour and just hangs on the glass. It's by the bottom, just in front of the shell. Looks like a flatworm but no a red one 

20170801_141247.jpg

On 29/07/2017 at 4:43 AM, seabass said:

That's for sure or when it starts using up Params.

Looks like a stomatella

So the specks are most likely some form of pods (when they move they move pretty fast, like walking on the glass) so that's good:D as for the flat thing it's hard to get a picture but I can't see an actual "mouth" and antenna, but it's not totally flat so not sure what it could be haha.

5 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Check out melevs reef.com

There is a critter section 

You may be able to ID  it better

Thanks!! Very usedul indeed!! Took me 30 seconds to ID it. It's a Chiton;)

• Like 2

So new light is up. Also moved some rocks to optimize waterflow (I HATE dead spots lol). The lid is temporary, I'll work on a better one next week. This time I want to make sure my newest tank mate...aka Mrs Tailspot Blenny is not gonna join the clownfish on the floor:D 

This was taken before the light goes off (LOVE that spectral controller!!!)

Also planning on adding more corals.

20170805_210925.jpg

• Like 2

Got some eagle eye zoas and of course when I tried to squeeze them in rocks moved and fell lol. So my ex (who is great at aquascaping) put things back, with me making sure all the corals had a good spot with the right flow lol

20170808_125150.jpg

• Like 3

Well the TSB is finally swimming around in the tank, but hides as soon as it sees me lol. So chances are it's getting food from somewhere. It's picking the glass which is covered in pods lol. Picked up some LRS frenzy food which is what it was eating at the LFS (they were out of stock so went to a different place). Will try to feed it agaim tonight.

• Like 3

Bad news...tsb is just laying at the bottom of the tank, barely moving :( never took any kind of food I tried!! So frustrating, I really wanted a fish in that tank but there's no good option :( guess i'll stick with my cleaner shrimps. My water is pristine so clearly not the issue.

• Sad 1
37 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

Bad news...tsb is just laying at the bottom of the tank, barely moving :( never took any kind of food I tried!! So frustrating, I really wanted a fish in that tank but there's no good option :( guess i'll stick with my cleaner shrimps. My water is pristine so clearly not the issue.

Awwwww :( Sometimes I think fishes go on hunger strikes when they get into a new tank.  He was obviously eating at the LFS and should've been a great choice!  So sorry.

1 hour ago, Melfy77 said:

Bad news...tsb is just laying at the bottom of the tank, barely moving

That certainly could indicate a problem.  But by itself, they are not always the most active of fish.  Like @Lula_Mae stated, many fish refuse to eat for awhile when moved to a new tank.  I hope it survives.

It's also possible that it was sick, and the stress of moving and not eating is too much.  How is it breathing?

5 hours ago, seabass said:

That certainly could indicate a problem.  But by itself, they are not always the most active of fish.  Like @Lula_Mae stated, many fish refuse to eat for awhile when moved to a new tank.  I hope it survives.

It's also possible that it was sick, and the stress of moving and not eating is too much.  How is it breathing?

Sill alive this morning? Moving too. Didn't check the breathing today but was pretty fast yesterday

• Thanks 1