Cultivated Reef

Nuvo 10 Bedroom tank

Trevor_tc

8 hours ago, Trevor_tc said:

Hi Hinnenkm, I did not get a chance to try the sicce pump as I ordered the 0.5 but they sent the 1.5 version which is too powerful. We recently had a hurricane so I haven't been able to send it back. I don't have any other flow but the return pump. It's going to be mostly softies and LPS so I don't need high flow. This is the latest picture of the tank.

IMG_5254.JPG

Irma?  Hope you guys made it through alright, tank looks great!

On 9/3/2017 at 6:33 AM, hinnenkm said:

The Nuvo 10s are such great tanks! Your stand looks beautiful too :)

How are you feeling so far about the Sicce .5 as far as flow compared to the stock pump? Do you have anything else for flow in your tank? I ask because last week I ordered the Sicce 1.0 and am hoping to run just that - no other powerheads in the display, but I didn't have anything to actually compare it to besides reviews and videos... looking forward to seeing where this tank goes and thanks for sharing!

Only flow I have is the sicce .5. Same tank. No deaths yet. 

Thanks for the response - I ended up getting the sicce 1.0 and am kind of feeling like i still need a small powerhead in the tank though. Looking forward to seeing how your tank fills in!

Hi i made the mistake and got a sicce 1,5 for nuvo 20 a lot vibration-noise.. then chance to two 0.5 in each return and are great! i think one 1.0 will do the trick also in nuvo 10 but not more than that...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

It’s been a while since I posted an updated picture. I think I ran out of space for corals. That small kessil has grown my corals so well. I was worried when I bought it but it has proven itself.

1D7FA63A-A9FC-43E9-9D52-699B66E6C75F.jpeg

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Very nice @Trevor_tc, great coral collection! All those zoanthids will really fill in nicely. How long have you had the rock flower anemone?

It’s only been in the tank for a few months. I got it at reefapalooza Orlando. I also have another one but it moved to the bottom towards the right side so it hard to see.

I'm excited to see what this looks like in 6 months when the zoas have had a chance to spread.  Bet you won't even be able to see the rock by then!  

If you do eventually go with a bigger tank, I hope you take one last photo before switching everything over.  I've strongly considered doing an entire zoa/paly tank. 

• 4 months later...