inTank Media Baskets

Nuvo 10 Bedroom tank

Trevor_tc

Hi,

I'm new to this site, but I have a 125 gallon in the living room. I've always wanted a tank in my bedroom but couldn't decide on the right one. I saw an innovative marine fusion 10 at a new LFS and decided this is the one. The only problem is I couldn't find a stand that fits it and matches the furniture in the room. I decided to build one. I used composite board as it was 49 by 16 at Home Depot. Here are some pictures of the build.

IMG_4986.JPG

IMG_4988.JPG

I also wanted a nice door for the front.

IMG_4987.JPG

IMG_4990.JPG

IMG_4999.JPG

• Like 2

That is an awesome DIY stand. I just got my IM10 set up as well. Great tank for the price. It took my tank about a month to cycle with dry rock and no seeding.

• Like 1

Hi EndlessXPs, I wanted to use plywood as my local Home Depot would cut it for me but their saw was broken. As a result I had to find something that I could cut easily and I found the 16 inch by 4ft mdf shelving wood. It was the perfect size and not expensive. Here is a picture from Home Depot website.

IMG_5073.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a few corals through an online auction. 

Green goblin Blasto 
Jacko Lepto               
Sunset Monti             
Blue Acan                  
Freak Hair Pavona    
Scarecrow Litho       
Sour Apple Favia

IMG_5002.PNG

• Like 1

I think the cycle is complete. Nitrates at about 20. Ammonia at 0 and nitrite at 0. I also some test corals that I took out of my 125, green star and a hammer that seems to be doing good. I have a diatom bloom but will do a 50% water change to take care of that.

IMG_5045.JPG

As you know, and sure you have already experienced from your other tanks, diatoms are natural part of the cycling process. I am firm believer that nothing good happens from moving too fast in this hobby. :) 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is going to look sweet when it grows out.  The door is fantastic!  Could you elaborate on where you found it or what materials were used to make it?  

Hi Tator, thanks for compliment. The door was very easy to make. It's actually a decorative aluminum sheet found at Home Depot. I used moldings to frame it and attached it with staples. Let me know if you need help.

• Like 1

Very nice work on the stand!  Aquascape is neat.  Corals and clowns look great!  :welcome: to Nano-Reef (a little late but better than never)! :happy:

Oh, is that a Kessil A80 over the tank?  How do you like it?

• Like 1

I really like the A80. It provides very good coverage. I have it turned down to about 50% as it burned a few zoas. Everything is opening up much better now. Love how quiet it is since it's in my bedroom. On a side note I need to replace the pump as it is not silent. Any suggestions?

I got the sicce syncra silent 0.5 after reading quite a few recommendations here on NR. Stock pump was super loud for me as well, I could hear it a floor up in the house. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Trevor_tc said:

I really like the A80. It provides very good coverage. I have it turned down to about 50% as it burned a few zoas. Everything is opening up much better now. Love how quiet it is since it's in my bedroom. On a side note I need to replace the pump as it is not silent. Any suggestions?

10 minutes ago, Angry-Monkey said:

I got the sicce syncra silent 0.5 after reading quite a few recommendations here on NR. Stock pump was super loud for me as well, I could hear it a floor up in the house. 

I was just going to say, I think a lot of people have used the Sicce pumps lol.  There may be other options too but that one is definitely popular.

Thanks guys, I was thinking about the sicce pumps as well. I tried the mj 1200 but it's too powerful, the small clowns had a tough time. Definitely saw a lot of people liking the sicce. Will post an updated picture this weekend.

The Nuvo 10s are such great tanks! Your stand looks beautiful too :)

How are you feeling so far about the Sicce .5 as far as flow compared to the stock pump? Do you have anything else for flow in your tank? I ask because last week I ordered the Sicce 1.0 and am hoping to run just that - no other powerheads in the display, but I didn't have anything to actually compare it to besides reviews and videos... looking forward to seeing where this tank goes and thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hinnenkm, I did not get a chance to try the sicce pump as I ordered the 0.5 but they sent the 1.5 version which is too powerful. We recently had a hurricane so I haven't been able to send it back. I don't have any other flow but the return pump. It's going to be mostly softies and LPS so I don't need high flow. This is the latest picture of the tank.

IMG_5254.JPG