ReefCleaners.org

Cycling tank; critters

Lugmos12

I'm currently cycling a tank with live sand/rock and I've spotted some life in the tank. I have no idea what they are except for a feather duster I saw earlier today. I've attached a picture below; the blue is part of the sand; the little life form is dark yellow/brown with the dark strip running down the middle.

2017-07-07 21.05.53.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

I'm currently cycling a tank with live sand/rock and I've spotted some life in the tank. I have no idea what they are except for a feather duster I saw earlier today. I've attached a picture below; the blue is part of the sand; the little life form is dark yellow/brown with the dark strip running down the middle.

2017-07-07 21.05.53.jpg

Looks like a baby bristleworm.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks like a baby bristleworm.  

Just now, knap_123 said:

This is the most fun when you're new in the hobby. New tank, new discoveries!  

Yes! I've been staring at the sand randomly throughout the day LOL very exciting for sure

• Like 2

When you use  liverock, the coolest thing is all the critters you can get immediately.

If you get s magnify glass, you will have loads of fun sitting in from of your tank just searching and seeing all sorts of stuff.:D

2 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

When you use  liverock, the coolest thing is all the critters you can get immediately.

If you get s magnify glass, you will have loads of fun sitting in from of your tank just searching and seeing all sorts of stuff.:D

*goes to amazon* orders magnifying glass LOL

this reminds me of the first time i ever went to an aquarium :o

• Like 2

My first reef tank I spent hours with my face plastered to the tank just searching for little things. I loved the tiny feather dusters.

I once had a tiny jellyfish. It was adorable.

At night with moonlighting it can get interesting.

23 hours ago, Clown79 said:

My first reef tank I spent hours with my face plastered to the tank just searching for little things. I loved the tiny feather dusters.

I once had a tiny jellyfish. It was adorable.

At night with moonlighting it can get interesting.

@Clown79 I managed to snap a pic of the feather duster looking thing. It is super tiny.

2017-07-08 21.24.33.jpg

Okay I think I spotted a tiny tiny shrimp. It's white with black bands across the body. Super tiny Maybe 1/4 of an inch.

Also spotted two tiny stringy looking worm-things - maybe 1/4 inch in size - they're floating around and they twitch