Pod Your Reef

what are some long and tall pico aquarium options?

Friendly

also, I'm curious if there are any long AIO pico tanks? 

in a case like this, I would classify only the living space as pico, so as long as it's under 10 gallons, I'd be happy. 

also, personally I classify nano as anything 10 gal and larger while pico is anything under 10 gallons. :)  

You normally don't see long and high together. It's one or the other.

A few tanks for pico's

Fluval evo 5-this comes with reef lighting 

Fluval spec-light needs upgrading 

Fluval edge-will need some modification 

Marineland contour-light upgrade

Cadlight 

fluval evo 5 is probably a good match.  so far its kept sponges, zoas, gsp, and clove polyps for me. I havent tried anything else yet.  its my mantis tank (see sig) if you want to see what it looks like.

I'd like to have the filtration system along the back length of the tank, not at a side end. don't want that peninsula look. :P  

Shark Fighter

Unfortunately I don't know of any pico tanks that match that description, although I recall last year around the holidays Micro Reefs had a nice 3 gallon long tank (reef ready, not AIO) but it doesn't seem to be on their site anymore. Maybe it would be worth inquiring about. The fluval eco is probably your best bet. 

Alternatively you could just make one. Glass/acrylic that size is pretty cheap and best part is you can make it however you want ;) 

• Like 1

LOL. well, maybe I'll have to hit up BC Aquaria and see if there's anyone willing with skill and experience willing to lend their talent.  :ninja:

though the 12 gallon long is more attractive.

what other aquariums are really long? I know of the 20 long...but it's not really 'long'...not compared to how the 12 gal is. :P 

There  are plenty of long tanks.

What's available in cda will be different than in the US. It's far more ltd here and more costly.

Diy is cool but you have to be very careful and precise with aio diy or the tank will crack.

• Like 1

well Clown, I'm fortunate to live in Raincouver, BC...so ordering to my box in Blaine, WA is convenient. ;) 

so if you know of some examples. please feel free to share...  :blush:

that's how I got my Spec V for $80 instead of the redonculous $150 Aquariums West wanted.  

I'm gonna take a closer look at ADA... :happydance:

MainelyReefer

Waiting on my aquamaxx 12g long to come, they were on sale for July 4th you should check out their line of stuff and then customize it with a sump or an insert.  Mr aqua also has a 1.5 and a 3 gallon pico tank that is like 18" long and some odd inches high and wide check those out too

MrNanoReef
12 hours ago, Nixperience said:

Oceanbox designs makes aio inserts for 12g longs. He can make them to be on the backside if you want. 

https://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/oceanbox-designs-aquamaxx-aio-reef-conversion/

Actually all of the OBD AIO kits can be installed on the backside as well, it's just happen to also fit the side for a peninsula style setup ;):)

Oh and go for the 12L period! B)

• Like 1
On 7/7/2017 at 11:42 PM, Friendly said:

LOL. well, maybe I'll have to hit up BC Aquaria and see if there's anyone willing with skill and experience willing to lend their talent.  :ninja:

though the 12 gallon long is more attractive.

what other aquariums are really long? I know of the 20 long...but it's not really 'long'...not compared to how the 12 gal is. :P 

The 20L and 12g are pretty close in size. The 22g Mr Aqua is 36 inches.

TruAqua makes tanks that are fairly long and tall relative to their size:

http://www.truaqua.com/high-clarity-glass-aquarium-hca-12gt.html

https://www.aquatop.com/collections/nano-tanks/products/nano-sky-high-clarity-low-iron-glass-aquarium-ns-7g

does Mr. Aqua have a website? 

I can't find this 22gal long anywhere. :P  

edit - no worries, found it on Seven Ports site!