Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kessil a80 and coral

Sirsmiley9

Sirsmiley9

Would a kessil a80 grow soft coral and maybe lps in a 20 gallon (specifically the nuvo fusion 20) and would something like a rock flower anenome be pushing it to much. 

I believe you would more coverage and par

just a side note check out the hardware for sale section 

There a couple of Kessil A350 there and some NanoBox lights that would suit your needs better.

Or if you are on a tight budget Amazon has some great T-5 24" x 4 bulb Horticulture fixtures 

Good luck

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2017 at 9:39 PM, Sirsmiley9 said:

what light would be i would hope in the 100-150 range would the aquamaxx nemo light work better

Yes the aquamaxx nemolight would work

GregEmmitte

The A80 is for <15 gallons ( shape and rockwork comes into play ). 

Youd need a kessil 150-160 for a 20 gallon. 

I've got an A80 coming for my 5 gallon next week. I've got euphyllia and anemones that require intensity superior to fluval factory lighting.

You certainly do not have to buy kessil though. There's plenty of quality lighting out there at various price points that will grow your lps and give you the aesthetics you want.

Theres also DIY. Some of those guys have ridiculously awesome lighting on the cheap.

streamline.by.design

I have 4 A80s over a customers 75 Gallon mixed reef and it is doing great!. Growing Softies, LPS and a couple lower light SPS.

• Like 2
GregEmmitte
4 minutes ago, streamline.by.design said:

I have 4 A80s over a customers 75 Gallon mixed reef and it is doing great!. Growing Softies, LPS and a couple lower light SPS.

Yea but you have FOUR.

lol. 

GregEmmitte
5 minutes ago, streamline.by.design said:

Lol, yeah it's a 48" tank and deeper. Worked great for the low canopy application though. 

Ah that makes sense. 

I think you would need two a80s honestly. I have two over my 12 long tank and one wouldn't have cut it for the length and I am pretty sure the fusion 20 is as long as the 12 long. 

• Like 1