Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

pico tank recommendations sought

Friendly

like the actual tank. Aquariums West has brought in AquaTop low iron, high clarity aquariums and I'm debating what I want:

https://www.aquatop.com/collections/high-clarity-glass-aquarium-tanks

you can see they have a long 3 and a high 3...thought I'm thinking more of a 4 or 5 so I can stock a couple fish and have a semblance of cuc w/o overloading.

right now they have the 4 gal cube in stock for $66, which is cool cause it has height and would allow me to have something for the three zones. I'm actually hoping to make a cluster of small tanks...like those funky photo frames on the wall with the different aspect ratio's. tall, short and wide. anyhow, I digress.

lastly, thinking of a copy cat scale project like Sandeep's 2.5 gal.  B)

what are your thoughts? 

also, feel free to talk about recommended hardware. ie, if I go with something like a long and short, should have a couple of AC30's or just one and a powerhead? that kinda thing...

I have a standard 5.5 with an AC 70 converted to mini refugium (as in el fab's pico thread) and an air pump on one side turned pretty low.  Size and shape tank really depends on your preference and goals.  You could do a small fish in a 3 gallon, like a goby, but larger is better of course.  Larger also gives you more room for corals and such.  For a heater, consider the 25w from Aqua Forest Aquariums, it's very sleek and slender.