Innovative Marine Aquariums

octo/frogspawn pooping or expelling zooxanthellae?

jesseatam

So one of my clowns dropped a pellet onto my octospawn and before I could remove it appeared to have taken it in and began to eat it. Afterwards I've noticed it losing some color and not extending and puffing nearly as much. Now it has this stringy brown stuff coming out.The piece next to it still appears fine which makes me think it isn't a water quality issue. I got both of these pieces on the 24th of June at reefapalooza if that makes any difference.

IMG_3143.JPG

IMG_3144.JPG

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Some Frogspawns will eat then spit it back out,  some people say its pooping. I have one right now that's expelling zooxanthellae  although I haven't fed it. He's just trying to make you miserable... he'll be fine.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, anizato said:

+1 poop!

Hows your tank? PM me a link!

@Lugmos12 Awesome shot! What are you using to capture? And it's almost so clear and close it feels violating to look at a coral like that ?

2 minutes ago, I'm Batman said:

Nice! Do you turn your whites way up for a photo? My pics are always blueish.

I never use the blue lights for photos and i turn the exposure up on the iphone camera 

12 minutes ago, I'm Batman said:

By holding the little light button next to the autofocus square and sliding upwards?

For the exposure that is?

tap on the brightest/darkest area of the image and then you can slide up/down and play with the brightness

2 hours ago, I'm Batman said:

That's what my wife says!

heres a pic from this morning...

IMG_2306.thumb.JPG.ff7b99a48918be78e09ab5ad50052ee7.JPG

Wow beautiful, mind if I ask how much you paid for a frag? 

$39 at my LFS!! They're outrageous!! I usually look for Euphyllia Paradivisa at around $10 a head!!

Tom the owner of the LFS as dubbed them "Crystal Frogspawn." He has a 15yr old 90 gallon closed system with a massive colony and when they drop off he sells them... for an arm and a leg!!!