Pod Your Reef

Dueling 80s

StinkyBunny

On 10/29/2017 at 8:10 AM, StinkyBunny said:

Why just a 45? If you want a short 4' tank, might as well go to the 60, it's 48x24x12. It's going to sit for a while, I'm lining up another supplier for zooanthids out of Vietnam.

Yeah good point...I was thinking the shallower 45 would be better for target feeding RFAs which is what I would jam pack it with. 

The crazy thing is Deep Blue tanks are hard to find around me...or they are super expensive when I find one. They seem to be much cheaper up your way. 

Do you ever get to visit the places you get livestock from? 

7 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Yeah good point...I was thinking the shallower 45 would be better for target feeding RFAs which is what I would jam pack it with. 

The crazy thing is Deep Blue tanks are hard to find around me...or they are super expensive when I find one. They seem to be much cheaper up your way. 

Do you ever get to visit the places you get livestock from? 

I've been to The Solomons and Thailand, other than that, no. We're planning a trip to Australia next year, I have a few friends there that I want to see.

I think you'll be much happier with the 60 if you're going to pack them with RFAs. keep an eye out on CL, they show up all the time.

Deep Blue has a horrible distribution network. Here there are only 2 wholesalers that carry the tanks and both are 100 miles from me. In order to get free delivery I have to place a $1000 order which isn't easy.

• Like 1

OK, time for my tank update. We got the stand parts stained yesterday and we'll try to get it assembled today, might try to get it set up next weekend. Sri Lanka and The Philippines are on tap for me for this weekend as well as my new Vietnam supplier. Gonna be a busy busy weekend here for sure.

• Like 2

Tomorrow it'll get the first coat of urethane, I'm going to work on making the slats tomorrow as well. It's been pissing rain here all day so nothing got done.

• Like 3

Well, nothing got done today, it's colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra and I ain't built for that shit, lol. I have to do the front brakes on the truck Sunday, I'm hoping to get something done on the stand tomorrow. I want my damn tank up!!!!

• Haha 3
20 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Well, nothing got done today, it's colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra and I ain't built for that shit, lol. I have to do the front brakes on the truck Sunday, I'm hoping to get something done on the stand tomorrow. I want my damn tank up!!!!

It's chilly down here so I can only imagine how cold it must be up there!  I'm trying to get my little 15 off the ground and it feels like it's taking forever lol.

3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

It's chilly down here so I can only imagine how cold it must be up there!  I'm trying to get my little 15 off the ground and it feels like it's taking forever lol.

It's a shame you're not closer, we could drill that tank and have you up and going in no time. I saw a local guy that added a chamber to the back of his tank, damn cool set up.

I also changed the bulbs over the 50 cube, wow, what a difference!!

2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

It's a shame you're not closer, we could drill that tank and have you up and going in no time. I saw a local guy that added a chamber to the back of his tank, damn cool set up.

I also changed the bulbs over the 50 cube, wow, what a difference!!

Haha I'm just going to run an AC70 on the back.  Not even going to fuge convert for now.  BUT I got the stand reinforced AND finished painting the back so it's on the stand with the AI Prime over it and I think it will get wet tonight!  :D

• Like 2

Nothing done today other than new brakes and rotors on the truck. It's still effing miserable outside. We can't stain or urethane in these temps. Gonna try to get some stuff done tomorrow and Monday, I'm shooting for next weekend to get it set up. I have the Indo rock picked out for it already.

• Like 1

Skimmers ordered, they should be here this week some time. Coralbox DC700 curve x2. I'm going to rework the quarantine systems. Gonna take out 2 of the 40 breeders and add the 80 rimless I got a few weeks ago.

• Like 3

Got the slats cut down and cut to size. Sanding tomorrow if the weather clears, they're calling for rain tonight into tomorrow morning.

I sent off an email to a supplier in Taiwan that sells zooanthids, they also said they can get the neon green toadstools since they're close to Japan. The down side is that freight out of there is brutal for less than 5 boxes, I need to make 150kg to be worth it.

• Like 2

Well, my kidneys are having other thoughts, I passed 2 stones last night and I'm wiped out from no sleep last night. 10mg of MS did jack shit for the pain. We're shooting for the weekend to get everything together and next weekend to do the install.

Looks like it's gonna be next weekend. My dad is getting a femoral stent inserted tomorrow. Slats are ready for urethane, M is gonna try to get thta done tomorrow while we're in surgery.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Looks like it's gonna be next weekend. My dad is getting a femoral stent inserted tomorrow. Slats are ready for urethane, M is gonna try to get thta done tomorrow while we're in surgery.

Best wishes for pops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lights for my tank are ordered as well as a 3' system for a new tank to be determined later, another grand shot all to hell, lol. It's supposed to be nice today so we're gonna get some work done on the stand. I noticed one leg had separated a few mm so it's gotta be clamped up and screwed back on.

http://www.stevesleds.com/SPS-Grade-LED-Upgrade-System--44-54-tanks_p_178.html

http://www.stevesleds.com/SPS-Grade-LED-Upgrade-System--34-44-tanks_p_177.html

• Like 1
  • StinkyBunny changed the title to Dueling 80s