Top Shelf Aquatics

Dueling 80s

StinkyBunny

1x10 sanded and stained, tomorrow I'll work on the arms that will jut out from the wall to support the light. The LED section has been ordered from Steve's LED for the hood. I guess I should start working on that too since it'll be here the end of next week.omgomgomg

• Like 2

http://kenyamarinecenter.com/product/hermit-crab-with-scissors/

ZOMG, a hermit crab with scissors!!! I hope he doesn't run with them, lol. Dunno why that cracks me up, I see it every time I get an availability from KMC, but it does make me laugh.

OK, we decided M's getting Steve's LED full spectrum JMB 14k and we're gonna start building the hood for the light and the T5s. I think I'm going to make it look like a lobster pot, dunno yet.

• Like 3

OK, decided to put up the DSA 50 for a few weeks to season the gravel. I found a car to replace mine so there's going to be some work there to get it up to my standards of safety.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph this thing is LOUD!! Now I see why I got the damn thing so cheap, I wanna gouge out my ear drums with a pitchfork, gurgle, gurgle, slurp, FUUUUUUUUU!!!

On 9/22/2017 at 12:58 PM, jack1978 said:

Let's see them!

Patience grasshoppa, patience. We're working on the hood today, I'll get a shot of that and the lights this afternoon. Gotta go look at a car this evening and have some Thai foodz.

Edit:

Stain has been applied, gonna try to get the first coat of urethane on in a few hours.

• Like 1

The engine is out of my car so we're gonna work on M's hood tomorrow and get it squared away. I need to order some tubes for the hood. I'm thinking 2 actinics and a pink Giesemann should be the way it should be. So much shit has changed in the 32 years we've been doing this that sometimes I dunno whether to shit or go blind.

• Haha 1

We got the LED strips into the hood, tomorrow I'll be looking for a 1.250" piece of steel to get the correct stand off of the wall to the centre of the tank. We should have them done by Friday.

• Like 1

I just ordered the T5 ballasts and ends, hopefully they come this week. I'll shoot a pic this afternoon. off to find some bulbs for it.

OUCH, just spent $161 for T5 bulbs.

• Like 3

Some of those fish ave been with us over 5 years, I raised that Sailfin tang from the size of a 50 cent piece. I learned a lesson with saying "ship the smallest you have", lol. I do that with Powder blue tangs though, right now they ship ones out about that size and they seem to not become assholes in a tank if you get them small. Downstairs goby has been with us for over 5 years. I've been trying to get some more of them, they look like little bulldogs. Every time I try to get a pic of him, he hauls ass back under his rock.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Some of those fish ave been with us over 5 years, I raised that Sailfin tang from the size of a 50 cent piece. I learned a lesson with saying "ship the smallest you have", lol. I do that with Powder blue tangs though, right now they ship ones out about that size and they seem to not become assholes in a tank if you get them small. Downstairs goby has been with us for over 5 years. I've been trying to get some more of them, they look like little bulldogs. Every time I try to get a pic of him, he hauls ass back under his rock.

He's playing "hard to pic!" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The T5 bulbs and ballasts have arrived, if I get back home at a decent hour tomorrow I'll install the T5s and we'll get the hood installed. I also finished the ATS and as soon as the plumbing dries I'll put them online. Been a busy end to the week with court and dealing with all of that mess.

• Like 1

I have to drill another hole or enlarge the one that's there for the T5 holders to go through. That's today's job and start work on my stand, my tank will be here Friday.

The second picture is a sponge that grew out of some Indo rock I got about 6 months ago. It's really cool to see things just pop up out of nowhere and take off growing. Indo isn't allowed to ship corals on rock, but I've had all kinds of stuff come in, Anthelia, tiny leather corals, Porites, Acros and teeny tiny Fungia corals come in on rock. Opening a box of fresh collected rock is like Christmas, you never know what you'll get. There's also all sorts of crabs, shrimp, feather dusters and worms that come in. Stripey is a stone cold killer when it comes to bad critters. He's relentless when it comes to searching out stuff on rock.

xkRC319.jpg

• Like 4
  • StinkyBunny changed the title to Dueling 80s