Cultivated Reef

Dueling 80s

StinkyBunny

Sump is built, doing a little more plumbing work tonight whilst the sump silicone drys. BIG thanks to the folks at Saltwater Aquarium for getting the silicone to me today.

• Like 3

Dear USPS,

If you think for one goddamn minute that I'm driving to the local post office to get a package that I paid $29 to have delivered to my door, you're nucking futs. You WILL deliver that 50 lb bag of sand to my door assholes.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
11 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Dear USPS,

If you think for one goddamn minute that I'm driving to the local post office to get a package that I paid $29 to have delivered to my door, you're nucking futs. You WILL deliver that 50 lb bag of sand to my door assholes.

Are they holding it at the post office?

Yea, I dunno WTF the issue is. I sent the shipper an email as well as the post office.

So anyhoo here's how this is gonna play out. Perchy's getting himself a new 80g rimless,  the contents of her 60 cube are going in that with the cycled Indo rock from a few weeks ago. The IM20 is getting planted and guppies added to feed the little critters. M's is gonna go online first, mine will follow a week or 2 later. I have a shipment coming in Indo with new rock for my tank. I hope Annette shows up, I might have a replacement mantis for her. The little crabs that came in in the last batch are still kickin.

• Like 1

Found out the issue, she send it postage due, $37+ postage due. Needless to say I refused it at the post office and I'll be contacting my credit union to get my $29.50 back. If that doesn't work, see you in small claims court, I'm not bashful about using the court system.

• Wow 2
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Found out the issue, she send it postage due, $37+ postage due. Needless to say I refused it at the post office and I'll be contacting my credit union to get my $29.50 back. If that doesn't work, see you in small claims court, I'm not bashful about using the court system.

What in the world! You ordered and paid for shipping and the seller sent it postage due so you'd have to pay even more? Wow.

I love her response:

Oh my goodness. I wonder why?  I am sorry about that. I have no idea why.

I tried to help her out, the bag got damaged in shipping and all I was going to do with it was raise guppies to feed to the perchlet, scorpions and Marine Bettas. Now she's probably out $60 in shipping here and back.

11 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I love her response:

Oh my goodness. I wonder why?  I am sorry about that. I have no idea why.

I tried to help her out, the bag got damaged in shipping and all I was going to do with it was raise guppies to feed to the perchlet, scorpions and Marine Bettas. Now she's probably out $60 in shipping here and back.

Eek! Isn't that the kind of thing you have to specifically request? Or did she somehow ship it without paying the full amount necessary for shipping?

9 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

The post office doesn't have a clue how she did it either. They're gonna find out, mail fraud is a BAD thing.

Well dang.  Yeah the government doesn't really like being cheated out of its money...used to work for an employer that had committed Stark law violations...that went over well. :mellow:

• Like 1

OK, the stand has been stained and partially assembled. Tomorrow I will do the baffles in the sump, found some un-tempered glass, lol. I have about 3" of asplodey glass in a bucket out by the shop. Found out that the bottom of the 20L I broke the side out of was tempered. Wouldn't break so I put it on the ground with a dowel in the cut and KABOOM! I'm thinking Wednesday after M gets back from the doctor. Shit weather on tap here for the next 2 days.  :(

• Like 1

New heater ordered for M's 80. Every friggin' time I went outside it decided to piss down rain so no headway on the tank. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow so we'll hit it hard.

• Like 1

Sun came out, M urethaned the main stand and we cut and stained the floor of the stand. I'm gonna go out in a few and do the baffles for the sump, had to dig out the damn glass. ff to the store to get some vinegar to steam up the last bag of shrimp.

• Like 1

Added the slats to the side, first coat of urethane is on and the sump baffles have been installed. Looks like we're a go for next weekend. omgomgomgomgomgomg Pics later this afternoon.

• Like 4

It's on the stand and the plumbingz has commenced. Sorry for the darkness of the pictures, but the battery was going tits up. Some better tomorrow during the swap over.

OQgXyp9.jpg

• Like 4

Today's forecast is cloudy with a chance of a new tank.

8ELHgdr.jpg

P9ZhGib.jpg

3h start to finish, still need to hang the lights. there was a metric shittonne of zooanthids and palythoas in there that weren't visible, oh lawd. We're taking a break then the top gets made.

• Like 6
  • StinkyBunny changed the title to Dueling 80s