Cultivated Reef

Dueling 80s

StinkyBunny

I oughta update some. We're still in a holding pattern. The door is unfrozen, but frost heave has the door blocked. When it thaws I go out and scrape dirt away so I can hopefully get it open this week hopefully. It's supposed to rain tonight so I can probably get it open tomorrow and get a piece out to cut down.

• Like 1

So, now we're expecting 3" of rain, 75mm to those on the metric system. The door's finally open, it's supposed to clear tomorrow afternoon. I know what I'm doing this spring, digging out in front of the door and pouring a slab. It's POURING outside right now. @WV Reefer, you be careful out there in the hills.

Lost an abalone we have had for 3 years last night too. :(

• Like 1

You've had such crappy weather the past few months....at least the door's open now. 

Sorry to hear about the abalone. :(

Remind me again what your doing with this 80g. 

14 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

You've had such crappy weather the past few months....at least the door's open now. 

Sorry to hear about the abalone. :(

Remind me again what your doing with this 80g. 

It's going to house the stuff that's in my 50 cube. Paul the Purple tang has outgrown the tank so he's going to be moved and sold. I have another one in the QT system in the back that has HLLE and he's going into my 80. The one I posted on IG is Ms 80g tank.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
StinkyBunny

OK, update time. I'm waiting for a belt for the saw now, actually 3 of them, they're coming from the west coast. Sometimes having old equipment is a pain in the ass. We reworked the RO/DI system since my well is LOADED with CO2.

StinkyBunny

Looks like another nor'easter is taking aim at us tonight into tomorrow. This time we're supposed to get snow with it, just peachy, grrrrrr!

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

setup.  Do you use a hydromitor or a refractomitor to dial in your salinity?

Keep up the incredible work my good wabbit! 

I use my finger, been doing this so long, I don't need no stinkin' hydromometer. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

You know that bag of dicks I didn't send you for Christmas? Might be coming your way for your birthday. :D

I hope it's a big bag! 

1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

I use my finger, been doing this so long, I don't need no stinkin' hydromometer. ;)

Hey.....we're talking about checking salinity ...... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
HarryPotter

Just make sure your refractometer comes with a certificate of authenticity...... Amazon can be a very sketchy scary place to order from. 

• Haha 3
StinkyBunny
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Just make sure your refractometer comes with a certificate of authenticity...... Amazon can be a very sketchy scary place to order from. 

I order direct from China, cuts out that "sketchy" middle man. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1