inTank Media Baskets

Dueling 80s

StinkyBunny

• StinkyBunny changed the title to Dueling 80s

Perchy passed away last night, dunno what happened. He hadn't been eating well for the last few days, I even stunned a small guppy for him and he ate it Wednesday. All water parameters check out good and within specs. I opened him up and I'm going to check his liver for signs of cyanide. He came from the Philippines so there's always that possibility. It wouldn't be the first time I had a fish go a year to 18 months, then up and die from cyanide.

• Sad 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Shit happens, you move on. Looks like no cyanide, I picked apart the organs to see if there were parasites, nada. Dunno. he might have been at the end of his lifespan. Looks like maybe, possibly this weekend I'll get my tank up. Je ne c'est pas.

• Like 1

The weather's been too cold to urethane so tomorrow it looks like we'll get the slats done, hopefully I'll get an aquarium for Christmas, lol. None too soon either, I have 4 boxes of fresh Indo rock inbound this week.  omgomgomg

• Like 1

Urethane has been applied so we'll get the slats on tomorrow or Wednesday!!!omgomgomg

Now on to the fun stuff, my sister-in-law and her R rated gingerbread woman, lol.

25498041_10215633006687537_8540917947068

• Haha 5

I'm down with a wicked sinus infection so nothing has gotten done. We took the weekend off to rest up and I came down with this crap. Might get something done this weekend if I feel better.

Still feel like boiled ass and it's a whopping 10 degrees outside with no let up in sight. I took the stand to the shop and I'm going to use my small compressor over there some time this week. M's still sick as a dog too. Happy EFFING New Year to us.

• Sad 1

Still feel like shit, M's still sick as hell too.

For those that haven't heard yet, Fiji's government has shut down all wild caught coral and live rock exports right now. I don't know where this leaves the industry. As of now the only things coming out of Fiji are cultured corals and fish. Without the corals to help make weight, the prices for Fijian specimens is going to skyrocket. About a month ago a friend of mine tipped me off that there was trouble brewing and I bought as many Fiji yellow leathers as I could lay my grubby mitts on. they don't frag very well, I'm hoping that they'll spawn for me.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-04/fijis-coral-exporters-await-clarification-after-ban/9302496

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-42564653

• Like 1

Apparently croup has been going around where I work, and I'm the sucker that got it bad enough for steroids. :angry: It hasn't been a fun work week. 

Hope you two feel better soon!

• Thanks 1

26239722_1634122436626818_12057900959296

Looks like maybe next weekend? Everyone cross their fingers, lol. I'm gonna try to get the damn frozen door open Tuesday to try to get to the damn plywood. :rant:

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Sancho said:

That’s fairly sexy! You pick that up in Singapore? 

That's from RVS in The Philippines and unfortunately it sold before I could order it, lol. I'd have eaten freight on 1 box for that beauty.