inTank Media Baskets

Dueling 80s

StinkyBunny

StinkyBunny

Seems Lyme disease isn't done with me yet. I woke up in a puddle of sweat this morning that would float a damn canoe. I DO NOT need this shit right now, not even a little bit.

15 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Seems Lyme disease isn't done with me yet. I woke up in a puddle of sweat this morning that would float a damn canoe. I DO NOT need this shit right now, not even a little bit.

:(

StinkyBunny

Well, for the first time since last Saturday I woke up dry. Lemme tell you, Lyme disease sucks big time.

In other news, we're off to look at a custom tank that a customer of a custom tank manufacturer  refused, 51x26x24, 140 gallons.

• Like 3
StinkyBunny

140 was a bust. Went up to Philly to a former wholesaler to look at a few 120s, they were skeery. Those tanks were around when Christ was a corporal, lol. The search goes on for a pair of 80g rimless tanks.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

140 was a bust. Went up to Philly to a former wholesaler to look at a few 120s, they were skeery. Those tanks were around when Christ was a corporal, lol. The search goes on for a pair of 80g rimless tanks.

You could always cobble something together with some old windows and some glue, right? :lol:

• Like 2
StinkyBunny
4 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

You could always cobble something together with some old windows and some glue, right? :lol:

I actually have the glass from the old Dutch Mini-Reef tanks I took apart out in the shop. I've been looking for someone that has made tanks to help me put a 4' tank together but I haven't found anyone yet. :( I have a metric shittonne of glass out there.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, here's the game plan:

1- make new sump, the 40B won't fit under the stand, sum biskit!!

2- Move into house and re plumb it using 3/4" pipe for the surge tanks

3- Put a durso type doohickey with 2-90* elbows on the outflow from the tank to stop the flushing sound

4- Hollow out 2 rocks to hide that pipework.

My question to the engineering types on here is, should I just stick with the 1/2" or go up to 3/4"? I'm not concerned about flow too much, just trying to stave off that flushing sound.

Next weekend is a trip to the beach to collect food, menhaden, silversides, grass shrimp and maybe a few mullet if they're in the canal. If anyone would like to tag along, you're more than welcome to do, you'll have to drive, pups are going too so teh Monsta be full.

• Like 1
On 8/13/2017 at 3:06 PM, StinkyBunny said:

OK, here's the game plan:

1- make new sump, the 40B won't fit under the stand, sum biskit!!

2- Move into house and re plumb it using 3/4" pipe for the surge tanks

3- Put a durso type doohickey with 2-90* elbows on the outflow from the tank to stop the flushing sound

4- Hollow out 2 rocks to hide that pipework.

My question to the engineering types on here is, should I just stick with the 1/2" or go up to 3/4"? I'm not concerned about flow too much, just trying to stave off that flushing sound.

Next weekend is a trip to the beach to collect food, menhaden, silversides, grass shrimp and maybe a few mullet if they're in the canal. If anyone would like to tag along, you're more than welcome to do, you'll have to drive, pups are going too so teh Monsta be full.

Don't be a weenie, Weiner.  1" pipe.

18 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Don't be a weenie, Weiner.  1" pipe.

Too got damn many bubbles. I'm setting it up so if it pisses me off, I can cap the holes off.

• Like 1
  • StinkyBunny changed the title to Dueling 80s