Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoBox Duo two channel settings

KJoFan

It seems like any setting results in a color rendering that's too purple/washed out. 

Heres what I "think" it's set at, but I have trouble knowing if it's actually being controlled correctly. 

Any help setting this so it doesn't look purple?

IMG_1742.PNG

Or at the very least can anyone tell me how the new multichannel nanobox colors look comparatively? If they're all this purple...I might re-think putting a Nanobox over my IM40.

You have a standard Duo on the above. 

The new Quad your purchased has five channels with mint control. Which will be MUCH different than the regular Duo. 

Royal Blue

White

Violet 

blue/cyan

mint

I am hopeful the new quad is more customizable for color rendering. I'm finding it quite difficult to get anything that's not purple/washed out with the two channel duo.  Despite some research and suggestions found in other threads.

Is this standard two channel Duo upgradeable to something other than what it is currently?

19 hours ago, KJoFan said:

I am hopeful the new quad is more customizable for color rendering. I'm finding it quite difficult to get anything that's not purple/washed out with the two channel duo.  Despite some research and suggestions found in other threads.

Is this standard two channel Duo upgradeable to something other than what it is currently?

I can upgrade any light with more channels. Depending on the year of the unit some will be much easier. 

Regardless we can get this upgraded. Do you know if this is a newer series unit? 

-Dave

@DaveFason  I don't know 100% for sure on the light. It would seem, based off what I know if it's history, it was originally purchased prior to June 2016.  It was sold to me as a Duo Plus but I honestly don't know how to tell between straight Duo and Duo Plus.

ETA: It's the actual light from this build: 

12 hours ago, KJoFan said:

@DaveFason  I don't know 100% for sure on the light. It would seem, based off what I know if it's history, it was originally purchased prior to June 2016.  It was sold to me as a Duo Plus but I honestly don't know how to tell between straight Duo and Duo Plus.

ETA: It's the actual light from this build: 

If it is the Duo Plus then you should have control over the other two channels. Send me your login and password. 

4 hours ago, DaveFason said:

If it is the Duo Plus then you should have control over the other two channels. Send me your login and password. 

I think I got it figured out. When I set it up via bluefish I chose Duo rather than Duo Plus M (the only other option). Looking at the unit it appeared there were 4 channels wired up, so I reconfigured in bluefish and it would seem I can control all 4 channels now.

Messed with it a bit and found much better color with the 4 channel control.

So, moral of the story is I'm slow but catching on. :)

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to NanoBox Duo two channel settings