Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tank breakdown need some ID

JDSquared

So a friend needs to take down his tank and wants me to take all of his coral. And his starfish and the two clowns.

I'm not sure there's room and I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into.20170630_180455.thumb.jpg.30175bf9f9b5849cb9977df50e168eb8.jpg

Left to right. I'm don't remember what that branching coral is called but I remember it's pretty particular. Next to that is some kind of leather right? It actually has a pink and whulite anemone in the center too with a patch of gha.

Green star polyp in the back. Huge lol.

Then the zoas. Pretty pink ones in the front but the back are all white. I've never seen any like that.

Also the very front rock has these tiny clove like polyps that I liked but didn't get a picture of.

I'm not sure I have room for all this either. My tank right now:1498864022257-1515446123.thumb.jpg.74b8055eafac89bc99a71bc625189680.jpg

The rock by itself on  the left is full of sponge. They maybe will be alright in the sump but that doesn't get any blue lights so I don't know if they need any. Every other rock has at least 3 or more bristle stars in it And a giant bristlecworm in one of them. I guess they might be okay in the sump too. Wouldn't they?

Its hard to pass up free coral when they need a home.

You seem pretty spot on with everything, although the left branching item looks like a gorgonian of some kind. It all looks pretty crappy to be honest, but I'm sure some of it could look nice under better lighting. Maybe take it and see if you can trade it in for some coral you actually want at a LFS? Or frag the zoas and star polyps and keep some for yourself.

There's the gsp rock, zoanthids, 3 toadstool leathers, and gorgonian.

The first circle on the left- gorg could go there

The 3 circles in the mid- toadstool

Bottom circle- zoanthids

You can remove some of the gsp from the rock and glue it to the back wall and let it spread there. Or trade the rock in to a lfs

20170630_203857.jpg

5 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

It all looks pretty crappy to be honest, but I'm sure some of it could look nice under better lighting. 

Yeah there's no blue light in this pic. Should have turned them on maybe. Makes me wonder what those zoas will actually look like.

5 hours ago, vlangel said:

Yes, the coral on the left is a gorgonian.  It's a corky finger I believe which is one of the easiest gorgs to keep.

That's the word I was trying to remember. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Clown79 said:

There's the gsp rock, zoanthids, 3 toadstool leathers, and gorgonian.

The first circle on the left- gorg could go there

The 3 circles in the mid- toadstool

Bottom circle- zoanthids

You can remove some of the gsp from the rock and glue it to the back wall and let it spread there. Or trade the rock in to a lfs

20170630_203857.jpg

love the Photoshop skills. Also you've always got great advice.

My gsp is growing up that rock in the middle. I'm hoping somebody wants all that gsp lol. I don't need it.Although I didn't think about the back wall. Also that torch is... Much wider than the rock in my tank. With an anemone in the center.

Also I was hoping to place my monti up there when the tank matures. There is another shelf behind there you don't see in front view. I think of I split the leather and keep a small piece it may work.

I'm in design mode now in my head. Thanks for the suggestions.

5 hours ago, vlangel said:

Yes, the coral on the left is a gorgonian.  It's a corky finger I believe which is one of the easiest gorgs to keep.

That's the word I was trying to remember. Thanks.