Coral Vue Hydros

RO/DI Unit growing Algea

partyboizz01

partyboizz01

I have my RO/DI unit outside my house hooked up, Its not in the sun light but one of the filter cartridges are growing algae. Is that ok or do I need to move it

RayWhisperer

That's algae, alright.

definately keep the unit inside, out of any natural light. I've had them set up in the garage, with only periodic exposures to indirect sunlight. They still get a coating.

One thing I've been doing the last 4 years, is bleaching the entire system every time I change the media. I've not had any slime, or buildup, of any kind since. Plus, water production increased after starting that. Pull out all the media and give all the canisters a good scrub down. Fill the sediment canister up with a cup of bleach, put everything back together WITHOUT any media. Run it for 30 minutes, then pull it all back apart and rinse everything thoroughly. Reassemble, and run it in a dark area. I keep mine in the cabinet under the sink.

• Like 2
partyboizz01

Can I just order another canister that's not clear because I would like to keep it under my porch that's where my trash cans are setup at