inTank Media Baskets

Live-Plants.com aka Gulf Coast Ecosystems A+++++

Weetabix7

Gulf Coast Ecosystems is the name of the company, live-plants.com is their website. 

They are one of the best vendors I have ever had the pleasure of working with and they will without question be my "go-to" place for Macroalgae or Gorgonians. 

They are the standard by which I will judge every other vendor and I have a hard time picturing someone doing better. 

I contacted Russ at GCE via email to let him know exactly what I was looking for, and he really went out of his way to get it for me, even though he had to deal with emailing back and forth right in the middle of a busy day trying to get out orders. 

I would like to also mention that they have one of the best shipping rates around. 

I only paid $16.50 to have a box weighing 17 lbs shipped to me. 

Do you have any idea what a crazy good deal that is???

I ship stuff and I know. 

Yes, it took 2 days to reach me, but he packs stuff so well and his livestock is so healthy that it's a non-issue. 

Everything was packed in a well insulated box that also had 3 different cold packs wrapped in newspaper all around the outside of the box. 

The bags themselves felt pleasantly cool but not cold. 

This is a big deal cause he's shipping out of Florida, it's summer, and heat will kill livestock during shipping much faster than cold will. 

The box as I opened it, you can see a damp, newspaper wrapped cold pack at the top:

P1060953_zps7ruwtmjz.jpg

Bags of live goodies. 

Look how much he sends!!!

Check out how big those Gorgonians are!!

P1060959_zps2afjotzf.jpg

P1060958_zpszbr3x3bz.jpg

Portiera Macroalgae unpacked:

P1060961_zps0al3adfu.jpg

Bad quickie pics of Macro in my tank: 

P1060969_zpsxesc97j7.jpg

P1060972_zpswb82pqkb.jpg

P1060973_zpsd9gdmqa2.jpg

• Like 10
7 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

WOW looks great. For the 40?

For the 40 once I get it up and running. 

At the moment I have some in the 16g and some in the 4g sunlit Pico.

I have ordered from him at least a half dozen times. Always a pleasure to deal with and my go to place as well. Looks like a bunch of stuff is in stock again, which is nice as it goes by what he can find.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Boggers said:

I have ordered from him at least a half dozen times. Always a pleasure to deal with and my go to place as well. Looks like a bunch of stuff is in stock again, which is nice as it goes by what he can find.

I know he just went on an out of town collecting trip over last weekend. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Recently received a Refugium Pack from this vendor and got good stuff as usual. 

Here's the bag of live sand, you can clearly see a worm in the middle of the sand:

P1070025

The Chaeto had several critters in it including Mini Brittles and baby featherdusters, you can see one here:

P1070042

• Like 1