Pod Your Reef

Best thing to feed gorgs

calvin

Just got a couple of great gorgonians from CGE. Anyone have a suggestion on the best supplemental feeding for them? With all the "marine snow" type options out there it's a bit overwhelming to try to choose.

Nanoreefwanabe

I have been feeding mine Tropic marin pro coral phyton.... but I ran out and have switched to seachem fuel and reef roids combination... everything seems happy about it...

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Boggers said:

Phyto and Reefroids is what I use.

same and the water from thawed frozen foods.  Everyone in the tank seems to really dig that. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Boggers said:

Phyto and Reefroids is what I use.

38 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

same and the water from thawed frozen foods.  Everyone in the tank seems to really dig that. 

Which phyto brand? Or do you actually have a culture?

4 minutes ago, calvin said:

Which phyto brand? Or do you actually have a culture?

I have used both brightwell and reef nutrition, but I think reef nutrition is better.  All of the inverts and fish have a visible response to it, so i am assuming it would be more tempting for the gorgs and coral as well.

• Like 1

Dangit, I shoulda given you some food yesterday!!

I was distracted. 

I have both live phyto and Reef Chili on hand, bring me a container for each and I'll give you a little to try. 

What types of gorgs??  I broadcast feed mysis and other frozen periodically but mostly mysis. The larger polyped gorgs seem to do well with it. Otherwise, I am still holding onto my almost empty bottle of reefcleaners filter-feeder food.  It lasts for years for a nano but I spilt a good amount of it. Wish they still sold it as EVERYTHING reacts well to it.  @johnmaloney hint hint....

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Dangit, I shoulda given you some food yesterday!!

I was distracted. 

I have both live phyto and Reef Chili on hand, bring me a container for each and I'll give you a little to try. 

Thanks. I bought something at the lfs today so we'll see how it goes

• Like 1

I use Reef Roids and Phytofeast.  Both are taken but my gorg very definitely opens more for Phytofeast, and the acan's get so excited by Phytofeast that they look like they will explode.

• Like 1
MainelyReefer

NUTRIGORG!! It's a two little fishes product.  Any powdery food should work though apparently nutrigorg has been altered to be in the proper form of suspension within the water column for gorgonians to grab then eat.  My gorgonians are all photo synthetic most from the Caribbean gotten through KP aquatics a great gorgonian resourse. Happy feeding

• Like 1