Pod Your Reef

Stoppay's 12g Long

stoppay

I moved from a house to an apartment and downgraded from a 37g to a 12g Long

Current Equipment:

Tank -  Mr. Aqua 12 Gallon Bookshelf Rimless Tank - Low Iron Glass

SUMP - AquaMaxx Rectangular 4.6 Gallon Low-Iron Rimless Aquarium

DIY Stand - 2x4s, furniture grade plywood, custom cut glass for sides (WIP) 

Ecotech MP10W
HydroFill ATONeptune Systems Apex - EB8 & EB4
Neptune Systems - Apex Feeder

Tunze Recirculation Pump Silence 1073.020Sicce - Voyager Nano Stream Pump (250 Gph)
Two Wave Point Blade HO LED Aquarium Light Super Blue/10k

Needed Equipment:

WTB MAME Overflow

Works in Progress:

Finishing Tank Stand

Sump

Pics:

This is a place holder until I can post something better:

IMG_5173.png

• Like 5
4 hours ago, gogeta said:

tank looks good man!those lights are putting off some nice quality without shadowing much at all. that skimmer is running pretty wet though

The skimmer and filter are kinda a place holder until I can get the sump up and running (I have everything but the MAME Overflow).  The skimmer is on the low end and the ATO in the tank makes it hard to dial in the skimmer as it goes from dry to wet and back again in-between it filling (using a HydroFill ATO).  Once I get the overflow up and running it will a steady water level so I hope that it works a bit better.

Just now, stoppay said:

The skimmer and filter are kinda a place holder until I can get the sump up and running (I have everything but the MAME Overflow).  The skimmer is on the low end and the ATO in the tank makes it hard to dial in the skimmer as it goes from dry to wet and back again in-between it filling (using a HydroFill ATO).  Once I get the overflow up and running it will a steady water level so I hope that it works a bit better.

oh yup im with you!

do you have a plan for your sump? would be interested in seeing it

3 hours ago, xEL Chupacabrax said:

Looks good ? I was thinking about adding an mp10 to my 12L and can't wait to see more pics 

Not sure if I am going to get another one so I have a pair or double up on the cheaper power heads (I like how it looks when they are angled towards the surface) and figure out a way to use the mp10 to make things more chaotic.

15 minutes ago, gogeta said:

oh yup im with you!

do you have a plan for your sump? would be interested in seeing it

I am making a sump using a AquaMaxx Rectangular 4.6 Gallon.  It's going to pretty tight down there (I built the stand to be only slightly larger then the tank)... In hindsight I would have liked to have it a bit wider so I could have used a 10 Gallon

Just now, Braun036 said:

I love that Duncan you have in there. 

I'll get a picture of it when it is a bit happier (I took it just after the lights turned on).  I bought it with one head maybe 10 years ago.  It's huge now.

• Like 1

Are you serious that is amazing.  You bought that as a frag. And ten years later it looks like that.  Wow it looks like a tree I love it. How often do you feed yours. I feed every two days. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2017 at 5:29 PM, Braun036 said:

Are you serious that is amazing.  You bought that as a frag. And ten years later it looks like that.  Wow it looks like a tree I love it. How often do you feed yours. I feed every two days. 

A better view of the Duncan.  No direct feeding, it catches what it will when the fish are fed.

duncan.gif

• Like 2

Looks great! I've had my tank for 3 months now and still haven't put water to it! 

Yours helps keep me excited! Love it!! :lol:

• 6 months later...

Stoppay 

I really like your aquarium and DIY stand.  Do you mind sharing the dimensions of the wood you cut and used to build?  Did you use non treated 2x4’s?  

Kenny