SaltCritters.com

Chalice coral receding and showing skeleton

Kmk

Hi everyone,

I bought a fresh cut rainbow charlice last week. One side of it was peeling of tissue and showing a little Skeleton but now it looks like it's healing. However , the other side of it was doing great but now it seems to be losing tissue and showing a lot of skeleton. Please help! I tried dipped it in coral Rx today.  

Water are good. 

0 ammonia 

0 nitrite

10 nitrate 

Cal 460

Alk 8

0 phosphate

1500 mag

1498624116607615948349.jpg

I was choosing between iodine or coral Rx (it said it treat bacteria infection as well). I have already dipped it 8 minutes in coral Rx yesterday.  Wondering should dip it in iodide as well?

fishfreak0114

As long as there's still tissue, I think there's hope. I would try an iodine dip.  Turn a container of tank water weak tea coloured with iodine, and dip for 5-10 minutes. 

If your other corals are fine then I'd suggest you just leave it and let it settle in, more dipping or fiddling will likely just aggravate it more. Chalices IME are extremely hardy. Just try keep everything stable and give it time.

• Like 2