Top Shelf Aquatics

Fluval M60. Finally have a tank again

92perkins

I had to break down my 100g reef tank 5 years ago and I made every mistake I could imagine when I set that tank up. I'm hoping to take this tank slow and have a more relaxing experience.

I've noticed looking around that less live rock seems to be the general theme but I like the idea of having a big template for corals and for roaming/tumbling crabs.

The tank is the Fluval M60 and all the accessories it came with and what I've added is a few items from BRS

100W Neo-Therm Submersible Heater - Cobalt Aquatics

45 lbs-BRS Reef Saver Aquarium Dry Live Rock

Red Sea Marine Care Test Kit

Refractometer for Reading Salinity with Calibration Fluid

1 Gallon - BRS Bulk Small Particle Lignite Carbon

1/2 Gallon (2 lbs.) - BRS Bulk GFO

Salifert Phosphate Aquarium Test Kit

3- 4” x 8” BRS Mesh Media Bag with Draw String

Hydra TwentySix HD LED (Black) - Aqua Illumination

HMS Single Light Mount Kit - Aqua Illumination

2 Ft DIY 1/8 In Screen Top Netting Kit

It's been a long time so i'm nervous that I've missed some things. Before the tank is done cycling I want to built a media basket for the middle baffle. What I want eventually is a heavy coral mixed reef tank and a pair of clowns and a pistol shrimp, goby pair. I'm worried however about the clownfish in this small of a tank.

KHndh9f.jpg

• Like 1

Putting the shrimp in tonight! how long have you all taken to cycle this way? I'm starting with dead rock and live sand. There doesn't seem to be a lot of agreement on the topic but from what I can tell cycling with the lights off is best for me.