Pod Your Reef

Utahpico

Lol yeah I feel you on the frag plugs, and in our picos they are SO conspicuous!  A pair of bone cutters will at least let you snip off the plugs.

• Like 1

Doesn't seem like much flow, I should have gotten the 200gph, but we will we how things do. Went from 4 things plugged into my tank to two. 20170711_203929.thumb.jpg.c7599f2bd1c21a9d36862116f2d2f81c.jpg

Very minimalistic now, just how I want it. 20170711_212125.thumb.jpg.3c0ca0794509a8414bd72ba99d75f9af.jpg

• Like 3

really like the way this looks.  Almost makes me want to put smaller LR in my tank.  Guy at work is giving me a wave point blade he is not using, and one of my neighbors said he would give me some GSP to put in my tank.  I also need to tank out the cartridges that came with the tank and put some rubble in the back.  Do you have an carbon in yours?

3 hours ago, Jholm007 said:

really like the way this looks.  Almost makes me want to put smaller LR in my tank.  Guy at work is giving me a wave point blade he is not using, and one of my neighbors said he would give me some GSP to put in my tank.  I also need to tank out the cartridges that came with the tank and put some rubble in the back.  Do you have an carbon in yours?

I love gsp... One of my favorites. You have a great piece of it, it's better for a small tank, if you need to clean your tank everything comes out as one, I can't even touch my rock. I run carbon/ zeolite mix but only an 1/8th cup. 

13 hours ago, Clown79 said:

You can adjust the flow. You may have to open it to get the full flow. You have to turn the red dial

I've played with the adjustments and even have tried taking off the red adjustment housing and still... ?? I shortened up the hose and it gave me more of what I'm looking for 

I cut out the middle man and moved the pump directly to the return hole, it's flowing harder, and the part of the pump that generates heat is out of the water. 20170712_055529.thumb.jpg.c9a18a26f59e6afdfc36b23fc4a51db5.jpg

I've noticed these new white 20170710_094214.thumb.jpg.c2eb54966e695d3b07dafd2e40382630.jpgzoas I got have been falling apart, and looks like they have zoas pox. These are extremely poisonous. Every time I put my hand in my tank I get really achy and feel very I'll. Like i do right now. I cut up the colonies and saved 4 polyps out of the 30. 

fishfreak0114

Oh geez.  I sure hope you were wearing proper protection.  I once had some palys upset everything in my tank when I tried to exterminate them, it made me afraid to put my hands in the tank until they were gone.  Those zoas are pretty though.

fishfreak0114

I strongly recommend the use of gloves and safety glasses in the future, palytoxin is not something to mess around with, especially considering it's actually making you feel sick.  It could be getting in through any cuts on your hands, or just absorbing.  I've fragged zoas without gloves before, but it has never affected me.  Those must be really nasty ones.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Jholm007 said:

Does that not hurt the corals having them out of the water?

Most corals can handle a few minutes out of water.  One of the few things that can't are sponges (not corals but sometimes kept in reefs)--any air at all can get trapped inside them and kill them.

• Like 2

In nature corals are out of water for hours, even in the hot sun. All my corals are out of water at least 5 min durring water changes. 

Ok, I got some gloves on and carefully tore my tank apart, took out all the white zoas, I didn't want to chance it. Took apart my rock cave cause my clownfish doesn't go in there anyway and made two separate structure's with all the softies near the bottom leaving the tops empty......for some branching sps! Colonies. 20170715_151028.thumb.jpg.05cc1cab109f30cb02e0893d5503c1ba.jpg

• Like 2

There was so much fish and crab poo settled in the cave this should help out with water flow i have no dead spots now.. and tank gets filtered 54x's an hr, i think its good to just leave alone and let corals grow. Im just so impatient. 

Everything kinda ok after moving around.20170715_184143.thumb.jpg.0eb8550864b86d2523ee5bba28e03f1b.jpg