Innovative Marine Aquariums

the unofficial show your pico reef tank thread!!!

Friendly

I have nothing to share, but I would love to see pictures of your pico with a list of the hardware you're using for it. 

that 2.5g pico that Sandeep just posted has fired my imagination up. 

let's see what you've got and show off what is possible!!!  B)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll play. :) I have a standard 5.5 with a 12w PAR bulb from Reef Radiance over it (I think I need more light though as some things are stretching), using a task lamp to hold it.  AquaClear 70 filter modified into a refugium and an airline (no airstone) with air pump for a little added circulation.  Eight-hour light cycle on a timer.  Bare bottom, combination of live rock I had and dry reef saver rock from Bulk Reef Supply.  It's been up about 2 months although some livestock was a transfer from my previous pico, and this was set up after an inter-state move.

Most current FTS from last week:

IMG_20170630_142409015

• Like 7

My office 2.7 gallon pico.

I am only having "pest" corals inside.. those invasive corals that most people do not want in their main display tanks.

Coral Compulsion Par30 bulb

Aquaclear 50 filter, modded to a mini refugium with chaetos in the back.

X658WSo.jpg?1

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Draco said:

My office 2.7 gallon pico.

I am only having "pest" corals inside.. those invasive corals that most people do not want in their main display tanks.

Coral Compulsion Par30 bulb

Aquaclear 50 filter, modded to a mini refugium with chaetos in the back.

X658WSo.jpg?1

Nice Pico brotha! Is that Watchman Goby?Or a YCG?

Here's the most recent photo of my pico, doesn't look like much yet but just waitB)

20170710_223008.jpg

• Like 1
mbarton2010

My Fluval Sea 5 gallon. It looks yellowish because I used a gel filter to take the photo. I have the current Orbit LED over it. SW-2 for water movement. 1 small clown, goby/ pistol pair, and a good assortment of sps/lps/ and softies 

IMG_0454.JPG

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Mkbarton said:

My Fluval Sea 5 gallon. It looks yellowish because I used a gel filter to take the photo. I have the current Orbit LED over it. SW-2 for water movement. 1 small clown, goby/ pistol pair, and a good assortment of sps/lps/ and softies 

IMG_0454.JPG

Looks great,how's the Orbit LED?

• Like 1
mbarton2010
4 hours ago, Friendly said:

Mk, that's awesome! that looks like a HUGE tank.

what anemone is the clown in? 

It's actually my torch coral he started hosting

3 hours ago, Narzyzz_12 said:

Looks great,how's the Orbit LED?

I like it. I'd go With the newest model. It ha a few more colored leds

On 7/12/2017 at 0:28 PM, Mkbarton said:

IMG_0454.JPG

Nice lil tank I have been thinking about that lil guy. if you had to do it over would you still go with the same tank?

keep them coming guys I need inspiration...

• Like 1
mbarton2010
4 hours ago, devaji108 said:

Nice lil tank I have been thinking about that lil guy. if you had to do it over would you still go with the same tank?

keep them coming guys I need inspiration...

For the price it's a great tank. I haven't seen any other AIO this size that I would trade it for