Coral Vue Hydros

Favia placement in 3 gallon.

Tkpico

I purchased a few corals recently from Legendary Corals during their summer sale and ended up winning a really nice LPS pack from them.

I'm obviously excited about it although the problem is now I have some unfamiliar corals and could use some guidance...  I am finding so much conflicting info on lighting and flow requirements that I'm hoping someone can set me straight as I would hate losing these pieces.

The tank is a 3 gallon picotope with an AC70 HOB and a cheapo wavepoint led.

The two corals in question are a bleeding mighty max favia and a Brimstone favia.. right now I have them pretty high up with moderate flow, no discoloration and they are eating but I wonder if they should be lower or in the sand... (No signs of issues with sweeper tentacles yet although I know that is a possibility)

Any tips would be great thank you!

Bleeding Mighty Max

bleeding mighty max.jpg

Brimstone Favia

brimstone favia.jpg

Placed Pretty high

FTS_6_17.jpg

• Like 2

I put my favia on the bottom of the tank.

They like bottom to middle placement.  

Favia like moderate lighting and moderate flow. 

• Like 1
fishfreak0114

My favia stings anything that is within a couple inches of it, and I'm assuming that would apply if I put another favia next to it.  They can be very aggressive.  I actually glued a little plastic barrier between it and the next coral.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I have a dragon soul favia, that's as mean as can be. I have it placed on the sand at the front of a swim-thru/cave area, no where near anything else. Its the only place I found where it is happy. I tried a few other places and it either started to bleach or take-out the neighbors. I don't think the favia's will do well near each other, you might need to give them more space as they get bigger.