Cultivated Reef

Divers Den zoas not looking good

jesseatam

So these guys came in on tuesday looking a bit beat up, I know it can talk a while for them to open up but something just doesn't look right to me. I'm a big newbie when it comes to corals so any help is appreciated :D.

IMG_3055.JPG

This first pic is of the day they arrived while I was dipping them.

These other two pics are from today.

IMG_3072.JPG

IMG_3073.JPG

GregEmmitte

Just let them acclimate to lighting. Zoas are pretty hardy. I've bought some that didn't open for a month. Now they're only closed at night.

• Like 1
Just now, GregEmmitte said:

Just let them acclimate to lighting. Zoas are pretty hardy. I've bought some that didn't open for a month. Now they're only closed at night.

Ah okay, I'm just a little worried because some of the smaller heads looked a bit crushed from shipping. Also it doesn't help that my first zoa I bought opened immediately so my expectations were high :lol: but I think that's because I bought it locally plus it was already kept under LEDs.

GregEmmitte

shipping is definitely a stress factor. In the wild a lot of zoas are close to shore lines and remain exposed to air and sun for extended periods of time. Low tide etc.

• Like 1