Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Beginner SPS Pack with Mr Salt Water Tank

World Wide Corals

burtbollinger

very curious about the rainbow monti.  any specific care tips for it to ensure long term stability/color, etc?

11 minutes ago, burtbollinger said:

very curious about the rainbow monti.  any specific care tips for it to ensure long term stability/color, etc?

In my experience, no.  I had it sitting on the bottom of a shallow 85 propped against a rock and it just took over no problem.  My husband accidentally brok a teeny tiny frag off (literally 2 polyps) I told him to throw it out, and he said "No. I'm gonna glue it on a frag plug and see if it grows, it dies, then we'll throw it out."  He was right, I was wrong, it grew out into a miniature colony in about 3 to 4 months.  Rainbow montis, for us at least, were bomb proof.

The rainbow monti is the giant colony on the middle/left side.  Like the video says, most of your color is on the new growth but it's still a beautiful coral and I highly recommend it.

21252464025_df813e2d27_c.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, stellablue said:

They sold out already ?

So you're saying all my panic and yelling at @skoechle to quickly make the decision of letting me or not letting me was valid and worthwhile. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions